Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Mackay, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Mackay from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Sydney to Mackay Flights
Mackay is one of the best destinations in Queensland for nature lovers. It's surrounded by the beautiful Hibiscus Coast and the striking Cape Hillsborough National Park.
With multiple flights each day between Sydney and Mackay, you can be exploring this unique part of Australia in just 3h 35min. Virgin Australia, Qantas and Jetstar all service this route and you can use Webjet to find the cheapest time to fly.
Ready to pack your bags and head for the skies? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Sydney to Mackay.
Departing from Sydney Airport
Getting to Sydney Airport
Take the train from the city to the airport if you want to avoid the traffic. The T8 Airport Line leaves every 10 minutes from the CBD and runs from 5:00 a.m. to midnight.
If you're on a tight budget, hop on board the local bus. Route 400 connects the city to the airport and costs only AUD 5.60 per person.
Metered taxis and ride-sharing services like Uber are available in Sydney. A trip from the CBD to the departure terminals should set you back AUD 45-55 and take 20-minutes if there's no traffic.
Parking Options at Sydney Airport
There are three parking options available at Sydney Airport.
- If you're only going to Mackay for the day, park your car in P1 or P2. It offers the cheapest rates for short-term stays.
- For weekend trips away, P3 is the best option. You'll save money with it's discounted daily rates, and you'll be a short distance from the terminal building.
- The cheapest parking option at Sydney Airport is the Blu Emu. While it's located 15-minutes away from the departure building, there is a free 24-hour shuttle bus you can use to get around.
Arriving at Mackay Airport
Getting from Mackay Airport to Your Hotel
If you want to keep your transportation costs down, take the local bus. Translink runs a regular service from the airport that operates eleven times a day from Monday to Friday and four times a day on Saturdays.
The fastest way to get into Mackay's CBD is with a metered taxi. You'll find the stands outside of the arrivals terminal, and a ride will cost around AUD 20.
There are also several car rental desks at Mackay Airport. You'll find all the car hire options inside the Arrivals Hall.
Things to Do in Mackay
- Plan a day trip to Eungella National Park. It's located 90-minutes from the city and is famous for its platypus sightings. If you want the best chance of catching them in action, arrive at dawn or dusk when they are most active.
- Visit Cape Hillsborough National Park. Not only is the scenery breathtaking but it's also one of the only places in the world where you can watch kangaroos relaxing on the beach.
- Go on a hike through Finch Hatton Gorge. There are plenty of trails weaving through the dense tropical rainforest as well as beautiful waterfalls to cool off from the heat of the day.
- Get your adrenaline fix. Mackay is one of the best places in Australia to try skydiving. You'll get a bird's eye view of the incredible Whitsunday Islands as well as the region's famous sugar cane fields.
- Walk along the Bluewater Trail. It's one of the city's most scenic paths that links up with the famous Ocean Way and winds past the Botanic Gardens.
- Book a sugar cane field tour. You'll learn more about Mackay's history and how harvesting this crop turned the city into one of the biggest producers in the country.
Mackay, Australia - Mackay Airport (MKY)
Mackay Airport is the regional airport for Mackay, the unofficial sugar capital of Australia. To get to Mackay's many sandy beaches, hire a car with Webjet to pick up and drop off at Mackay Airport.