Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Launceston, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Launceston from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Sydney to Launceston Flights
Launceston is one of the best destinations to visit for history buffs and nature lovers. It boasts beautiful Victorian-era cityscapes and lush century-old parks.
With 20 direct flights a week from Sydney to Launceston and an average flight time of only 1h 45, you'll be exploring this unique city in no time. Book your trip with either Jetstar or Qantas and use Webjet to help you find the lowest airfare prices for your travel dates.
Ready to hit the skies? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Sydney to Launceston!
Departing from Sydney Airport
Getting to Sydney Airport
The fastest way to get to Sydney Airport is with the train. The T8 Airport Line leaves the CBD every 10 minutes and only takes 13 minutes to arrive at the departure terminals. The train runs from 5:00 a.m. to midnight, 7-days a week.
If you're travelling to Launceston on a tight budget, take bus route 400 to the airport. It stops outside the T1 International and T2 Domestic terminals every day. Tickets cost AUD 5.60 each way.
Metered taxis and ridesharing services are also available in Sydney. A ride to the airport costs around AUD 45-55 and takes 20-minutes if there is no traffic.
Parking Options at Sydney Airport
- P1 and P2 are the best options if you're only going to Launceston for the weekend. The rates are better for short-term stays, and you'll be close to the terminal buildings.
- P3 will give you the best value for money if you're going to be away for a week or longer. The car park has a daily discounted rate to help you save, and you'll be within a short walking distance of the terminals.
- For budget travellers, the cheapest parking option is at Blu Emu. While it is located 15-minutes away from the terminal building, you can make use of the free shuttle bus that runs between the airport and the lot.
Which Domestic Terminal Will Your Sydney to Launceston Flight Depart From?
- If you're flying with Jetstar, your flight will depart from Terminal 2.
- Qantas flights to Launceston usually leave from Terminal 3
- Arriving at Launceston Airport
Getting from Launceston Airport to Your Hotel
There are no public transport routes between the city and the airport.
The best way to get to your hotel is to take a taxi or use the airport shuttle.
You'll find the taxi rank located outside of the arrival terminal. A trip into the city should cost between AUD 35-38, and you can also download the Smart Hail App to pre-book your ride.
For passengers staying at select Launceston hotels, you can use the airport shuttle. The door-to-door service will drop and fetch you from your hotel for only AUD 15 each way.
If you want to hire a car while you're in Launceston, you'll find six car rental companies next to the baggage claim area.
Things To Do in Launceston
- Visit the Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery. It's the largest regional gallery in Australia and has an almost endless amount of exhibits for you to discover.
- If you love wine, head up the Tamar River to Tamasmina's premium wine growing region. The area is also home to quaint historic villages, beautiful lavender fields and so much more.
- Spend the day at Narawntapu National Park. It's one of the best places to see Australia's unique wildlife in the Tasmania region.
- No visit to Launceston would be complete without going to the Cataract Gorge. It's located in the heart of the city and is the number one natural attraction.