Compare Cheap Flights from Perth to Launceston, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Launceston from Perth? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Launceston
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Launceston
Current Time in Launceston
Average Temperature in Launceston
Average Rainfall in Launceston
See more of Launceston
Cheap Perth to Launceston Flights
Launceston is a history lover's dream. It's flanked by beautiful 19th-century colonial buildings, fascinating museums and heritage trails that tell the story of the city's past.
With daily flights between Perth and Launceston, you can be exploring Tasmania's second oldest city in just 5h 10min. Book your trip with leading airlines such as Virgin Australia, Qantas or Jetstar and use Webjet to find the lowest airfare prices for your travel dates.
Ready to head for the skies? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Perth to Launceston!
Departing from Perth
Getting to Perth Airport
Take the public bus. It's the cheapest way to get from Perth's CBD to the airport. The service runs every day and stops at each of Perth's four departure terminals.
Hail a taxi or use a ride-sharing service like Uber. A trip from the city usually costs AUD 42-52, and it's a good idea to factor in extra buffer time to avoid missing your flight due to a traffic jam.
Parking at Perth Airport
There are three parking options available at Perth Airport:
- Short Term: Only use this option if you're going to Launceston for the day. It offers the best hourly hours, but it becomes expensive to leave your car here if you're going away for a more extended period.
- Long Term: While this lot is further away from the terminal building, it has the most affordable prices. Daily rates start at AUD 10, and you can use the airport's free shuttle bus to get to and from your car.
- Fast Track: For absolute convenience at Perth Airport, use this parking lot. It has 230 exclusive bays that are within a one-minute walking distance of the check-in counters.
Arriving at Launceston Airport
Getting from Launceston Airport to Your Hotel
There are no public buses or trains that run between the airport and the city.
You'll find the taxi rank outside of the arrivals terminal. A trip into the city costs around AUD 35-38, and you can pre-book your ride with the Smart Hail App.
Another option is to use the airport shuttle. It runs to and from select hotels in Launceston and costs AUD 15 per person.
If you want to hire a car while you're in town, there are several companies to choose from in the Arrivals Hall past the baggage claim area.
Things To Do in Launceston
- Go to Launceston's famous Cataract Gorge. Located 15-minutes from the city, it's known for its beautiful walking trails and panoramic views of the river below. If you don't have the time for a hike, book a river cruise or take the chairlift to the top of the gorge.
- Walk around the city. Launceston has three self-guided heritage trails that you can take to learn more about the city's history.
- Visit the Tamar Island Wetlands. It's a must-visit for nature lovers who want to spend a few hours learning about the complex ecosystems and the wildlife that call this region of Tasmania home.
- Explore Prince's Square. It's one of Australia's finest public squares and has a network of paths that you can follow to picnic sites and historic building such as the St John's Anglican Church.