Compare Cheap Flights from Melbourne to Launceston, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Launceston from Melbourne? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Launceston
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Launceston
Current Time in Launceston
Average Temperature in Launceston
Average Rainfall in Launceston
See more of Launceston
Cheap Melbourne to Launceston Flights
Launceston is one of Australia's oldest cities. It boasts some of the best-preserved cityscapes in the country with its elegant Victorian architecture and 100-year old parks.
With 89 direct flights a week from Melbourne to Launceston, you can be exploring this historic town in just one hour. Book your trip with leading airlines Jetstar, Virgin Australia or Qantas and find the lowest dates to fly with Webjet.
Ready to take to the skies? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Melbourne to Launceston!
Departing from Melbourne Airport
Getting to Melbourne Airport
If you're travelling to Launceston on a budget, the best way to get to the airport is with the public bus. Routes 478, 479 and 901 all run past Terminal 4 on a daily basis. A one-way trip costs AUD 4-6 and your total travel time will be around 90 minutes.
Another affordable option is to take the SkyBus. It runs 24-hours a day from the city centre to the airport. Tickets cost AUD 19, and a bus leaves every 10-minutes.
Melbourne also has taxis and ride-sharing services. A trip to the airport will cost AUD 55-65, and your driver will drop you off either outside Terminal 4 or along Departure Drive.
Parking at Melbourne Airport
There are three different parking options available:
- Value Cark Park is the cheapest car park.
- Long-Term Parking is the more expensive option, but you'll be close to the terminals and check-in counters.
- Terminal Car Park is the premium parking option and is for travellers that don't mind paying more for added convenience.
Which Domestic Terminal Will Your Melbourne to Launceston Flight Depart From?
- If you're flying with Virgin Australia or Qantas, your flight will depart from Terminal 1
- Jetstar flights usually depart at Terminal 4.
All three terminals have restaurants, bars, shops, lounges and free WiFi available for all passengers.
Arriving at Launceston Airport
Getting from Launceston Airport to Your Hotel
There are no buses or trains that run routes between the city and Launceston Airport.
The best way to get to your accommodation would be to take a taxi or use the airport shuttle.
The taxi rank is located outside of the terminal exits near the baggage claim area. A trip to the city should cost around AUD 35-38, and you can also use the Smart Hail App to pre-book your ride.
If you're staying at select Launceston hotels, you can use the airport shuttle. The door-to-door service will drop you in front of your hotel and only costs AUD 15 one way.
Prefer having your own set of wheels? You can hire a car from Launceston Airport. There are six car rental companies to choose from, and you'll find them next to the baggage claim area.
Things To Do in Launceston
- Visit one of Launceston many museums, art galleries and design studios. The most popular one is the Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery. It's the largest regional gallery in the country and has plenty of exhibits to keep you entertained for hours.
- Love wine? Follow the Tamar River north and explore Tasmania's premium wine growing region. There are also historical villages to be discovered, lavender fields and so much more.
- If you love wildlife, a trip to the Narawntapu National Park is a must. It's one of the best places in the region to see Australia's unique animals like koala bears and kangaroos.
- Check out Cataract Gorge. It's a beautiful slice of wilderness located in the heart of the city and is Launceston's number one natural attraction.