Compare Cheap Flights from Brisbane to Launceston, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Launceston from Brisbane? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet flight fees per booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Launceston
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Launceston
Current Time in Launceston
Average Temperature in Launceston
Average Rainfall in Launceston
See more of Launceston
Cheap Brisbane to Launceston Flights
Launceston is the gateway to Northern Tasmania. It's home to the incredible Cataract Gorge Reserve, a rich cultural heritage and a delicious food and wine scene.
With five flights a week from Brisbane to Launceston and a quick direct flight of 2h 40min, you'll be exploring the heart of Tasmania in no time. Book your trip with Jetstar, Qantas or Virgin Australia and use Webjet's search engine to find the cheapest day to fly.
Ready to go on a new adventure? Here's a quick guide to flying from Brisbane to Launceston without a hitch.
Departing from Brisbane Airport
Getting to Brisbane Airport
The quickest way to get from Brisbane's CBD to the airport is with the SkyTrain. It has a total journey time of 20 minutes and leaves every 15 minutes for the airport. Tickets cost AUD 15 per person, and the train runs from 5:04 a.m. to 10:04 p.m.
For travellers on a tight budget, the most affordable way to get to the airport is with the bus. Route 569 and 590 both run a regular service to the departure terminals. If you're short on time, there are more expensive, but faster shuttle buses.
Metered taxis and ride-sharing services are also available. A one way trip from the city to Brisbane Airport will cost around AUD 33-42.
Parking at Brisbane Airport
- Park Long: If you're only visiting Launceston for the weekend, leave your car here. This lot has the best rates for short trips, and it's close to the terminal building.
- Park Premium: For travellers that want extra convenience and don't mind paying extra, use this lot. It's located on level 3 of the P1 Domestic car park and has exclusive entry and exit ramps to get you to the check-in counters faster.
- Park Valet: Drop off your car and let the staff do the rest. You'll be just steps away from the terminal building, making the check-in process for your flight a breeze.
Arriving at Launceston Airport
Getting from Launceston Airport to Your Hotel
There are no public transport options that run between the airport and the city.
The best way to get to your hotel if you don't want to rent a car is to take a taxi or an airport shuttle.
The taxi rank is located outside of the terminal building. A one-way trip into the CBD should cost around AUD 35-38, and you can download the Smart Hail App to pre-book your ride.
For passengers staying at select Launceston hotels, you can use the airport shuttle. It costs AUD 15 per person, and you'll be dropped off in front of your hotel.
If you plan on hiring a car, you'll find six rental companies to choose from next to the baggage claim area.
Things To Do in Launceston
- Spend a day exploring the Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery. Launceston is home to the largest regional gallery in the country, and there's plenty to see that will keep art lovers entertained for hours.
- Go wine tasting. The Tamar River region is Tasmania's premium wine region. There's also lavender fields and historic villages to explore between the estates.
- Plan a day trip to Narawntapu National Park. It's one of the top places to see Australia's endemic wildlife species.
- Visit the Cataract Gorge. It's located in the heart of Launceston and is the city's best natural attraction.