Compare Cheap Flights from Gold coast to Krakow, Poland
Looking for cheap flights to Krakow from Gold coast? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Krakow
Best flight deals in November
Currency used in Krakow
Current Time in Krakow
Average Temperature in Krakow
Average Rainfall in Krakow
See more of Krakow
Know Before You Go
- Go on a walking tour around the city. There are tours every day led by locals for free. It's a wonderful way to learn about Krakow's history, meet other travellers and get your bearings.
- Book with a hostel or hotel that offers a free breakfast or dinner. It's an easy way to keep your budget in check, and you'll have an opportunity to meet new people.
- Admission to the Wawel Castle is free on Mondays from April to the end of October. If you are travelling outside of these months, tickets are PLN 4, and some exhibitions cost extra.
- Instead of going on a tour to Auschwitz and Birkenau, save money by using public transportation. Buses leave from the main bus station throughout the day, or you can take the train that departs every 2 hours.
- If you plan on doing a lot of sightseeing in the city, it's a good idea to buy the Krakow Tourist Card. A three-day pass costs PLN 117, and you'll get access to more than 40 museums and attractions. The card also entitles you to free unlimited public transport around the city, the airport and to Wieliczka Salt Mine.
Getting Around Krakow
- If you plan on spending a lot of time around the Main Market Square, walking is the best way to get around. Several of the city's must-see spots are within walking distance, and some streets are pedestrian-only.
- For travellers staying in outlying areas, the best way to get from your hotel to attractions is with the tram. Multiple tram lines throughout the city stop within walking distance of sites like the Wawel Cathedral. The tram operates every 10 to 20 minutes from 4:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Ticket fees depend on the zone and time but cost around PLN 3.80 for a single ride in the Old Town area.
- The city's buses are another affordable option to get around. There are more than 150 different routes that run every 30 to 60 minutes from 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Tickets cost PLN 3.80 for a one-way ride.
- If you don't have much time in Krakow, don't want to hire a car or use public transport to sightsee, hop on board a bus tour. It's not cheap; prices start at PLN 34, but you'll enjoy round-trip transfers to attractions like Auschwitz.
- Krakow also has plenty of taxis if you need to get somewhere fast. Base fares start at PLN 6 and go up by PLN 2.40 for each kilometre. Just keep in mind that prices increase between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. and it's 20% cheaper to phone ahead. You can also use ridesharing apps Uber and iTaxi if you have a WiFi connection.
When is The Best Time to Visit Krakow?
The best time to visit Krakow is between March and May. It's spring, and the warmer temperatures help the city to come out of its winter habitation. The summer tourists are also nowhere to be found so that means you can enjoy lower accommodation rates and the city's attractions all to yourself. But rain showers are common towards the end of May, so pack an umbrella or raincoat.
June to August is the city's peak tourist season. Temperatures are warm during the day and at night averaging around 25°C. It's also the best time to visit if you want to take part in the summer season's many festivals. But with the crowds, you can expect higher rates for hotels and long lines at the city's top attractions.
Krakow's autumn months are another great time to visit if you are on a budget and want to avoid throngs of tourists. From September to November temperatures become a little bit chilly and the rainy season starts to come to an end. Make sure you pack a warm sweater to stay comfortable as you explore the city.
Krakow's winter temperatures see the city head into its low season. From December to February, temperatures hover around 4°C and hotel rates are at their lowest.
Airports in Krakow
John Paul II International Airport Kraków–Balice
John Paul II is 11 km from Krakow's city centre, and it's the second busiest airport in Poland. It has regular direct flights to many of Europe's main hubs and serves 19 airlines. The airport is also a focus city for budget airline Ryanair as well as LOT Polish Airlines.
Getting To and From John Paul II International Airport Kraków–Balice
The fastest way to get from the airport to the city is with a taxi. If you want a good price, turn right after leaving the terminal, and you'll find several more affordable taxi companies. The average price is around PLN 40 to PLN 60, but it's important to check before you get into the cab.
If you want to take the train, follow the signs inside the arrival terminal. You can buy your ticket on the railway platform, and a single journey costs PLN 9.
The cheapest way to get from the airport to Krakow is with the bus. It takes about 60 minutes to reach the city and costs PLN 6 one way.
Alternatively, if you would prefer your own wheels while in the city, you can rent a car from the airport. Rentals are around PLN 73 to PLN 200 per day, and you'll need an international driving permit.