Compare Cheap Flights from Rockhampton to Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
Looking for cheap flights to Kilimanjaro from Rockhampton? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Kilimanjaro
Best flight deals in November
Currency used in Kilimanjaro
Current Time in Kilimanjaro
Average Temperature in Kilimanjaro
Average Rainfall in Kilimanjaro
See more of Kilimanjaro
Know Before You Go
- The Tanzanian government requires all hikers to hire a local guide to climb Kilimanjaro. Ask your tour operator for an all-inclusive package that includes tents, food, transport and porter services.
- There are seven routes you can take to reach the summit. The most popular one is the Marangu Route. It takes five to six days and is the quickest and cheapest. For a scenic journey, opt for the Lemosho Route and if you want a challenge try the Machame Route.
- Don't forget to include a tip for the porters in your budget. Bring at least USD 400 to USD 500 to tip all the guides and porters after you finish your climb.
- The most important thing to remember while climbing the mountain is to take it slow. If you climb too fast, you risk getting altitude sickness, and you might jeopardise summiting the mountain.
- After climbing back down, spend some time exploring the rest of Tanzania. Head to the Serengeti and go on a safari or explore the famous Ngorongoro Crater.
Getting Around Kilimanjaro
There isn't a town around Kilimanjaro airport. The nearest cities are 45km away, and you'll start your trek from either Moshi or Arusha.
If you've booked a package tour, transport will most likely be included. Otherwise, you'll need to hire a taxi to get you from the airport to either town.
When is The Best Time to Visit Kilimanjaro?
The best time to visit Kilimanjaro is from December to March or June to October. If you want to see snow on the summit choose dates at the beginning of the year. It's also a quieter time of year to climb the mountain and is perfect for climbers who want peace and solitude.
The June to October season is the most popular time to summit Kilimanjaro as the good weather coincides with the European summer holidays.
The increase in foot traffic on the mountain means prices will be higher and you'll need to book well in advance to make sure you get a spot for your desired dates. But if you don't mind trekking during the busiest time of year, you'll be rewarded with some of the best weather conditions. Hardly any rain falls during the high season, so you won't have to worry about being wet and cold while adjusting to the altitude.
While it is possible to climb the mountain in April and November, it's not ideal trekking conditions. The rain makes the trail harder, and it's not recommended unless you are an experienced hiker. But the upside is that the routes will be quieter, and you could find a dip in prices.
Airports in Kilimanjaro
Kilimanjaro International Airport
Kilimanjaro International serves the northern Tanzanian cities of Arusha and Moshi. It's an entry point for travellers planning to climb Mt Kilimanjaro or visit the other famous sites in the area. The airport calls itself the "Gateway to Africa's Wildlife Heritage", and 11 airlines operate daily flights to destinations around the world.
Getting To and From Kilimanjaro International Airport
There is no public transport from the airport to the nearby towns. You'll need to either take a taxi, organise a transfer with your tour operator or book a shuttle service.
Taxis from Kilimanjaro to Arusha or Moshi cost USD 50 and can be found outside the Arrivals Hall. Don't worry if your flight arrives late in the evening; there are always taxis until the last flight has landed.
There are also shuttles that you can book online before you arrive. This is handy if you want a fixed price and don't feel like bartering with taxi drivers upon arrival.