Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Karratha, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Karratha from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Karratha
Best flight deals in September
Cheapest Price from Sydney to Karratha
Currency used in Karratha
Average Time to Karratha
Current Time in Karratha
Average Temperature in Karratha
Average Rainfall in Karratha
See more of Karratha
A Guide to Karratha
Know Before You Go
- Budget for your trip. A dorm bed in a hostel will cost AUD 30-50 in Karratha. If you want a double room in a hotel, you can expect to pay AUD 150-220 per night.
- Tipping is not required. Australia doesn't have a tipping culture, but if you feel that the service was exceptional, you can tip your server 10 to 15%.
- Get online. If you don't want to pay for an expensive data bundle, you can get online for free by going to the nearest McDonalds.
- Visit the Millstream-Chichester National Park. You'll be able to learn about the region's fascinating Aboriginal history and cultural heritage.
- Go swimming with whale sharks. You can take a tour with King's Ningaloo Reef Tours and spend a few hours swimming in the ocean with one of the largest mammals on the planet.
Getting Around Karratha
- Karratha does not have a public transport system.
- The best way to get around is to hire a car. You'll find the rental agencies at the airport or in the city.
- If you don't want to rent a car, you can call the local taxi company to arrange a lift.
When is The Best Time to Visit Karratha?
If you're planning on visiting Millstream Chichester National Park, the best time to visit Karratha is between May and August. The temperatures are warm, and there is little chance of rain. There is also the nearby Python Pool which is great for swimming all year round.
The busiest time of year is the summer months. From December to February, local tourists flock to the city for the festive season break. Make sure you book your flights and accommodation a few months in advance as prices increase to meet the demand.
For a more quieter time of year, book your trip during autumn (March to May) or spring (September to November). You'll have the city's attractions to yourself, and you'll find that hotels and flights are more affordable during these months.
Airports in Karratha
Karratha Airport is located in Western Australia and is the second busiest airport in the region. It mainly operates domestic flights to Perth and Brisbane, but JetGo Australia is starting a route to Singapore from mid-2018.
Getting To and From Karratha Airport
If you're travelling on a budget, the cheapest way to get from the airport is with the local bus service. You can book your spot ahead of time or before you arrive. Prices are AUD 30 per person.
The taxi rank is located outside of the airport's arrival terminal. While the airport isn't far from the city, taxi prices start at AUD 30-40 one-way.
For travellers that prefer more freedom, you can hire a car at the airport. The rental desks are in the arrivals area, near the baggage carousels.