Compare Cheap Flights from Rockhampton to Kalgoorlie, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Kalgoorlie from Rockhampton? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Kalgoorlie
Best flight deals in September
Cheapest Price from Rockhampton to Kalgoorlie
Currency used in Kalgoorlie
Average Time to Kalgoorlie
Current Time in Kalgoorlie
Average Temperature in Kalgoorlie
Average Rainfall in Kalgoorlie
See more of Kalgoorlie
A Guide to Kalgoorlie
Know Before You Go
- Visit the Museum of the Goldfields. You'll learn about the gold rush that founded Kalgoorlie and see the many historical artefacts from the town's mining days.
- Get online. You can find free WiFi at the local McDonalds or the public library on Roberts Road.
- Public toilets are available in Saint Barbara's Square. Make sure you have some small change on you to pay the fee to use the facilities.
- Be wary of kangaroos. While these creatures are often portrayed as cute cultural icons, they can hurt people. If you come across one in the wild, it's advised not to try approaching them.
- Go prospecting and fossicking. If you want to try your hand at finding gold in Kalgoorlie, you can get a permit from the Mining Registrar's Office for AUD 25 per person.
Getting Around Kalgoorlie
- Hit the pavements. If you're staying in Kalgoorlie for a short period, you'll be able to walk to most of the city's attractions.
- Go on the bus. TransGoldfields operates a regular bus service in the city. Three routes run from Monday to Friday and three times on Saturday mornings. You can either buy a paper ticket on board or use the SmartRider card.
- Take a taxi. If you need to get to one of the tourist spots outside of the CBD, grab a cab. You can either hail one down from the street or call ahead to book your ride.
- Rent a car. There are vehicles available at the airport, or you can pick one up from one of the companies in town. If you're travelling in high season, the cars do tend to get booked up in advance.
When is The Best Time to Visit Kalgoorlie?
The best time to visit Kalgoorlie is in winter. From June to August, the temperatures are more bearable, making it easy to explore the city's attractions and natural wonders. While the days are sunny with little chance of rain, the nights get cold. Make sure you pack enough warm layers of clothing as the average temperature sits at 5C to 17C.
With Kalgoorlie located on the edge of the desert, the summer months (December to February) are boiling hot. The average daytime temperature can reach 34C, making it hard to stay outdoors for too long. Luckily, most hotels, cafes and restaurants have air-con to help you escape the heat and cool down. When packing for your trip, bring plenty of light, breathable clothing items to help you avoid heat stroke.
Kalgoorlie is at its busiest in the summer months and the beginning of spring (September). If you're planning a trip around these months, make sure to book your flights and accommodation well in advance to lock in lower prices.
Airports in Kalgoorlie
Kalgoorlie Airport is located in Western Australia. It is served by three regional airlines and operates domestic routes to Perth and Melbourne.
Getting To and From Kalgoorlie Airport
There are no public buses or trains that run to and from the airport.
The best way to get to your hotel is to take a cab. You'll find the taxi stand outside of the arrivals terminal, and a trip into town should only set you back AUD 10.
You can also hire your own car at the airport. There are a handful of rental companies to choose from in the arrivals terminal.