Compare Cheap Flights from Perth to Hobart, Tasmania
Looking for cheap flights to Hobart from Perth? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
Route information for flights from Perth to Hobart
|Cheapest one-way price for the current month||from $488|
|Cheapest one-way price over next 6 months||from $209|
|Cheapest month||November 2022|
|Most expensive month||June 2022|
|Average flight time||5h 20m|
Cheapest time to fly to Hobart
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Hobart
Current Time in Hobart
Average Temperature in Hobart
Average Rainfall in Hobart
See more of Hobart
Cheap Perth to Hobart Flights
Hobart is the capital city of Tasmania and the second oldest capital in Australia. Nestled amongst the foothills of Mt Wellington, it offers travellers a blend of heritage, culture, scenery and world-class activities.
With an average flight time of 5h 20 min from Perth to Hobart, you'll be exploring the heart of Tasmania in no time. With no direct flights available, you can book a connecting route with Virgin Australia, Jetstar or Qantas and use Webjet to find the best cheap flights.
Ready to pack your bags and discover someplace new? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Perth to Hobart.
Departing from Perth
Getting to Perth Airport
The best way to get to Perth Airport from the city is with the public bus. It's the cheapest option available, and the routes stop at each of the four departure terminals.
If you don't want to use public transport, take a metered taxi or request a ride with Uber. Trips from the CBD usually cost around AUD 42-52, and you'll need to give yourself enough buffer time in case the traffic is gridlocked.
Parking at Perth Airport
- Short Term: If you're visiting Hobart for the weekend, park your car here. It's close to the terminal building and only minutes from the check-in counters.
- Long Term: For trips longer than a few days, you'll get a better daily rate by parking your car in this lot. Prices start at AUD 10, and you can use the free 24-hour shuttle bus to get to and from the terminal building.
- Fast Track: If you want absolute convenience and don't mind paying to get it, use this parking option. You'll get access to 230 exclusive bays and be within a one-minute walking distance of the check-in counters.
Arriving at Hobart Airport
Getting from Hobart Airport to Your Hotel
If you're travelling to Hobart on a budget, the best way to get into the city is with the Tasmanian Redline City Hotels Shuttle bus. You'll split the fare with other travellers, but it's not the fastest option as you'll have to wait until it's your turn to get dropped off.
For a faster way into Hobart's CBD, you can grab a metered taxi outside of the terminal building. A trip usually takes 20 minutes and costs around AUD 35.
Want to rent a car or campervan for your trip? You'll find seven car rental companies in the arrivals terminal with a variety of options to choose from.
Things to Do in Hobart
- Visit Battery Point. Home to Victorian style houses, it's one of Australia's most beautiful suburbs. Spend a few hours wandering through the ancient streets and stopping for a meal at one of the many restaurants and cafes.
- Hike Mt Wellington. With incredible panoramic vistas at the summit, it's not hard to see why this hike is one of Hobart's most popular activities.
- Go ghost hunting. If you believe in the paranormal, a trip to the Port Arthur Historic Site is a must. It's considered one of the most important landmarks in Australia and is also thought to be the most haunted.
- Stop by the theatre-royal. Opening in 1837, it's remained one of Hobart's best-hidden gems. If you can, try to grab a show here or sign up for the 45-minute tours on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.