Compare Cheap Flights from Melbourne to Hobart, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Hobart from Melbourne? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Melbourne to Hobart Flights
Hobart is one of the top ten spots to visit in the world according to Lonely Planet. Curious to see why?
Then hop on board one of the 132 weekly flights from Melbourne to Hobart. Choose from leading airlines like Virgin Australia, TigerAir, Qantas or Jetstar, and you'll be exploring the city's unique blend of culture and heritage in just 1h 15 min.
Ready to book your ticket and head for the skies? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Melbourne to Hobart.
Departing from Melbourne Airport
Getting to Melbourne Airport
The cheapest way to get from the city to the airport is with the bus. Routes 478, 479, 901 all go past the transport hub by Terminal 4. Tickets cost AUD 4-6 and travel time is around 70 to 90 minutes.
The SkyBus is the best option if your flight is late at night or early in the morning. It runs 24 hours a day from the CBD to the airport. A one-way ticket will cost AUD 19, and the bus leaves every 10 minutes.
A taxi to the airport should cost between AUD 55-65 depending on the traffic. Your driver will be able to drop you off along Departure Drive or by the T4 Transport Hub zone.
If you want to park your car at Melbourne Airport, you'll have three options to choose from. The Value Car Park is the best choice for budget travellers, while the Long Term Park and the premium Terminal Car Park are ideal for travellers who don't mind paying a little bit extra for added convenience.
Which Domestic Terminal Will Your Melbourne to Hobart Flight Depart From?
- If you're flying with Qantas, your flight will depart from Terminal 1.
- Virgin Australia flights leave from Terminal 3.
- Jetstar and Tigerair flights to Hobart depart from Terminal 4.
All three terminals have restaurants, bars, shops, lounges and free WiFi available for all passengers.
Arriving at Hobart Airport
Getting from Hobart Airport to Your Hotel
The taxi ranks are located outside of the terminal building. A trip into town will take about 20 minutes and costs around AUD 35 depending on traffic. If there are no taxis available when you arrive, head back into the terminal and go to the baggage carousels. Here you'll find the numbers for other cab companies that you can phone to request a ride.
If you don't want to pay for a taxi and want to go directly to your hotel, book a spot on the Tasmanian Redline City Hotels Shuttle bus. It won't be the quickest option, but your fare will end up cheaper.
For car, campervan or motorhome rentals head to the arrivals area. You'll find seven car rental companies that can help you with your travelling needs while in Hobart.
Things to Do in Hobart
- Conquer Mount Wellington. While it does take three hours to summit, the beautiful vistas of Hobart below will make up for all the huffing and puffing.
- Battery Point is a must-visit for anyone interested in architecture. Built in the 1830s, it's full of quaint little shops and cafes as well as the imposing St George's Anglican Church.
- Want to go ghost hunting? Head to the Port Arthur Historic Site. It's one of Australia's most important landmarks and hosts a popular ghost tour in the evenings.
- Pack a picnic and visit the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens. The 14-hectare site is full of native Tasmanian plants as well as the only Subantarctic Plant House.
- Visit the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. It's the perfect place to get up close with many of Tasmania's native animals like the wombats, wallabies and Tasmanian devil. There's even a night tour for die-hard animal lovers that want to learn as much as possible about the region's wildlife.
Hobart, Australia - Hobart Airport (HBA)
Hobart Airport is your first stop to Hobart, the capital city of Tasmania. Use Webjet's map of Hobart Airport's terminals and a guide to car hire at Hobart Airport, airport hotel accommodation, taxis and airline lounges before you fly and ensure an easier trip.