Compare Cheap Flights from Gold coast to Hobart, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Hobart from Gold coast? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
Flights: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95
Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Gold Coast to Hobart Flights
Hobart is a city on the edge of the world. It's the second oldest state capital in Australia and surrounded by picturesque natural beauty and the towering mass of Mount Wellington.
With multiple flights between Gold Coast and Hobart every day, you can be exploring the heart and pulse of Tasmania in just 3h 55min. Book your trip with Qantas, Tigerair or Virgin Australia and use Webjet to discover the cheapest day to fly.
Ready to go on a new adventure? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Gold Coast to the Hobart!
Getting to Gold Coast Airport
Take the public bus. Translink runs a regular service from the city to the airport every day. Fares are paid onboard, or you can purchase a bus and tram pass.
Book a spot on the Gold Coast Tourist Shuttle Bus. It's perfect for solo travellers or large groups that need to get to and from the airport. The service operates from Tweed Heads to Runaway Bay, and you'll be fetched from your hotel.
Hail a taxi or use a ride-sharing service. A trip from Surfers Paradise costs around AUD 30-60 depending on the traffic.
Parking at Gold Coast Airport
If you want to leave your car at the airport, you can choose from three different options:
- Premium Covered Parking: Choose this option if you don't want to waste any time at the airport. It's the closest lot to the departure building and has a private walking to help you get to the check-in counters faster.
- Short-Term Terminal Parking: For short trips to Hobart that will be less than 8 hours, park your car here. The hourly rate works out cheaper than the long-term bays.
- Budget Parking: If you're travelling to Hobart on a budget for a few days or more, you'll save the most money by parking here. You can choose from covered and uncovered parking spots and pay as little as AUD 16 per day.
Arriving at Hobart Airport
Getting from Hobart Airport to Your Hotel
Take the Tasmanian Redline City Hotels Shuttle Bus. It's not the fastest way to get into the city, but it's the best option if you want to keep your transportation costs low.
Grab a cab. The taxi stands are located outside of the arrivals terminal, and a trip into the CBD will cost around AUD 35.
Rent a car. If you're planning a few day trips or want more freedom getting around Hobart, you'll find several rental desks inside the arrivals hall after the baggage claim area.
Things to Do in Hobart
- Visit the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA). It's one of Hobart's top attractions and features an extensive private collection of modern art and antiquities. You'll find Egyptian sarcophagus, an onsite museum and even a machine that turns food into brown goo.
- Go to the Tasman Bridge. Located by the Derwent River, it's the city's distinctive landmark. You can walk across the bridge on the dedicated paths or relax by the river and enjoy the views.
- Catch a show at the Theatre Royal. Built in 1824, it's been described as "the best little theatre in the world" by Laurence Olivier. It's the oldest of it's kind in Australia and is one of Hobart's many architectural jewels.
- Go on a day trip. Hartz Mountain National Park is 70-minutes from Hobart and a World Heritage Wilderness Area. There are many hiking trails to explore that lead to waterfalls, dolerite cliffs and glacial lakes.
Hobart, Australia - Hobart Airport (HBA)
Hobart Airport is your first stop to Hobart, the capital city of Tasmania. Use Webjet's map of Hobart Airport's terminals and a guide to car hire at Hobart Airport, airport hotel accommodation, taxis and airline lounges before you fly and ensure an easier trip.