Compare Cheap Flights from Canberra to Hobart, Tasmania
Looking for cheap flights to Hobart from Canberra? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Hobart
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Hobart
Current Time in Hobart
Average Temperature in Hobart
Average Rainfall in Hobart
See more of Hobart
Cheap Canberra to Hobart Flights
Hobart is the capital of Tasmania and Australia's second oldest capital after Sydney. It's surrounded by rugged mountains, beautiful rivers and is known for its gourmet experiences.
With multiple flights each day between Canberra and Hobart and a journey time of only 2h 55min, you'll be exploring the city in no time. Book your trip with either Qantas or Virgin Australia and use Webjet to discover the best cheap flights.
Ready to head for the clouds? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Canberra to Hobart without a hitch!
Departing from Canberra Airport
Getting to Canberra Airport
If you're travelling on a budget, the best way to get to Canberra Airport is with the bus. Take route 11 or 11A from the CBD, and you'll get dropped off in front of the terminal building for only AUD 4.80.
Another option is to take a metered taxi or use a ride-sharing service. Fares start at AUD 48 and go up to AUD 60 if there are no traffic jams.
Parking at Canberra Airport
There are two parking options available at Canberra Airport. However, it's important to keep in mind that both lots are only open from 4:00 a.m. and close 30 minutes after the last flight lands.
- Covered Parking: If you don't mind paying extra for added protection, park your car here. It will be safe from the elements, and a three-day stay will cost AUD 90.
- Outdoor Parking: Choose this option if you want the lowest rates possible. Rates start at AUD 69 for the weekend and AUD 12 for each additional day.
Arriving at Hobart Airport
Getting from Hobart Airport to Your Hotel
For budget travellers, the best way to get from the airport to the city is with the Tasmanian Redline City Hotels Shuttle bus. It might not be the quickest option, but you'll split the fare with the other passengers.
The taxi stands are located outside of the terminal building. A trip to the city will take 20 minutes without traffic and cost around AUD 35.
If you want more freedom getting around, you can hire a car. There are several car rental companies inside with arrivals terminal that have a variety of vehicle options to choose from.
Things to Do in Hobart
- Summit Mount Wellington. The trail takes on average three hours to complete and rewards hikers with breathtaking views of the city and landscape below.
- If you're an architecture buff, make sure you visit Battery Point. It's home to some of the oldest colonial buildings in the region and is full of quaint shops and cafes to help you refuel as you explore.
- Go to the Port Arthur Historic Site. It's an important national landmark that's believed to be haunted. If you're brave, sign up for the night tour and go ghost hunting.
- Watch a show at the theatre-royal. It first opened its doors to the public in 1837 and is one of Hobart's best-hidden gems. If you can't catch a performance, make some time in your itinerary for the 45-minute tours held on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.