Compare Cheap Flights from Brisbane to Hobart, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Hobart from Brisbane? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Brisbane to Hobart Flights
Hobart has been named one of Lonely Planet's top places to visit in the world. With its well-preserved bushland, beaches and vibrant city centre, it's not hard to see why tourism is booming in Australia's second oldest capital city.
Hop on board one of the 14 flights a week from Brisbane to Hobart and discover for yourself what makes this city so special. With a flight time of only 2h 35min, you'll be there before the end of a Lord of the Rings movie. Book your direct flights with either Qantas, Jetstar or Virgin Australia and use Webjet to help you find the lowest airfare prices for your travel dates.
Ready to explore the capital of Tasmania? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Brisbane to Hobart.
Departing from Brisbane Airport
Getting to Brisbane Airport
The quickest way to get from Brisbane's city centre to the airport is with the SkyTrain. A single trip only takes 20 minutes and will set you back AUD 15. The trains leave the stations every 15 minutes and run from 5:04 a.m. to 10:04 p.m.
For budget travellers, you'll save the most money by taking the public bus. Routes 569 and 590 run daily from the CBD to the airport.
If you are short on time, you can also book a direct transfer from your hotel to the airport.
Taxis and ridesharing services like Uber are also available. A one-way trip will set you back AUD 33-42 depending on the traffic.
Parking at Brisbane Airport
- Park Long: This is the best option if you're only leaving your car at the airport for four hours or more. It's close to the domestic terminals and the check-in counters.
- Park Premium: If you don't mind splurging for convenience, park your car here. Located on the level 3 of the P1 Domestic car park, you'll have access to exclusive express entry and exit ramps.
- Park Valet: For travellers that don't want to waste any time at the airport, choose this option. All you need to do is park your car in the valet area, and the airport staff will take care of the rest.
Arriving at Hobart Airport
Getting from Hobart Airport to Your Hotel
If you want to save money getting from the airport to your hotel, book a spot on the Tasmanian Redline City Hotels Shuttle bus. You'll split the fare with other travellers, but that does mean it will take longer to get to your hotel.
The taxi stands are located outside of the terminal building. A trip into Hobart's CBD usually takes 20-minutes and will set you back AUD 35. If there aren't any cabs waiting when you arrive, you can call one of the cab companies to request a ride. There is a list with their phone numbers inside the terminal by the baggage carousels.
Want to rent a car, motorhome or campervan for your trip to Hobart? Go to the arrivals area and choose the best option from one the seven car rental companies.
Things to Do in Hobart
- One of the most popular things to do in Hobart is to hike Mount Wellington. While it will take you around three hours to summit, you'll be rewarded with one of Australia's most beautiful vistas.
- For architecture lovers, a trip to Battery Point deserves a spot on your itinerary. Built in the 1830s, you can explore it's old colonial-style buildings while browsing the shops and cafes. Make sure you visit the Arthur Circus and St George's Anglican Church before leaving.
- Do you believe in the paranormal? Visit the Port Arthur Historic Site for their ghost hunting tour. Not only is the site considered one of the most important landmarks in Australia but it's also thought to be the most haunted.
Hobart, Australia - Hobart Airport (HBA)
Hobart Airport is your first stop to Hobart, the capital city of Tasmania. Use Webjet's map of Hobart Airport's terminals and a guide to car hire at Hobart Airport, airport hotel accommodation, taxis and airline lounges before you fly and ensure an easier trip.