Compare Cheap Flights to Hobart, Australia
Planning a trip to Hobart for work or a holiday? Check out Webjet's latest deals, browse airfares from leading airlines around the world and find the perfect flight that suits your budget!
|Flights to Hobart||Apr 2019||May 2019||Jun 2019||Jul 2019||Aug 2019||Sep 2019|
|Departing Brisbane||Cheapest Price||Cheapest Price|
|Departing Melbourne||Cheapest Price||Cheapest Price||Cheapest Price||Cheapest Price||Cheapest Price||Cheapest Price|
|Departing Gold Coast||Cheapest Price|
|Departing Perth||Cheapest Price||Cheapest Price||Cheapest Price|
|Departing Sydney||Cheapest Price||Cheapest Price||Cheapest Price||Cheapest Price||Cheapest Price|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Hobart
Best flight deals in April
Cheapest Price to Hobart
Currency used in Hobart
Average Time to Hobart
Current Time in Hobart
Average Temperature in Hobart
Average Rainfall in Hobart
See more of Hobart
A Guide to Hobart
Know Before You Go
- Have the correct change ready if you plan on using the bus. Or if you don't want to keep coins on you, buy the Green Card. You'll get discounts on your trips, and you won't hold up passengers waiting to board.
- Visit the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. If you want to see the Tasmanian Devil, this is one of the best places to go, and it's only a short drive from Hobart.
- Drive up to Mt Wellington. It's one of the most scenic routes in Tasmania. Just be sure to pack warm clothes as temperatures are often below freezing.
- Plan your trip around one of Hobart's many festivals. Attend the Myer Hobart Christmas Pageant, the Taste of Tasmania, the Hobart Comedy Festival or the Antarctic Midwinter Festival.
- Visit one of the national parks. Entry fees are usually AUD 22 per day per car or AUD 12 if you're travelling by bike. But if you're visiting multiple parks, it's cheaper to buy the Holiday Pass. For AUD 60 you'll get unlimited entries into national parks for up to two months.
Getting Around Hobart
- Hit the pavements. If you're staying in the CBD, it's easy to explore the waterfront, Battery Point and other attractions in the city on foot. But if your hotel is located in West or North Hobart, you'll need to use public transport to get around.
- Hop on board the bus. It covers all corners of the city and rates are affordable. The only downside is that services to suburbs further away are infrequent. You can buy a one-way ticket from the driver or use the rechargeable Green Card for greater savings.
- Explore the city with a bike. There is a track that runs between the CBD and the northern suburbs. You'll find rental companies throughout the CBD.
- Flag down a taxi. Metered taxis and Uber's are available throughout Hobart. You can either hail one down from the road, go to a taxi rank or use an app to request your ride.
- Hire a car. If you want maximum flexibility during your trip to Hobart, you can rent a car. Rates from local companies start as low as AUD 30 per day, and you can pick your vehicle up from either the airport or in town.
When is The Best Time to Visit Hobart?
The best time to visit Hobart is during the summer months. From December to February, there are tons of outdoor activities to keep you busy, summer festivals and almost perfect weather. The only downside is that it is high season and you'll have to contend with crowds and high prices. Book your trip a few months in advance to lock in better rates and save money on accommodation.
Autumn (March to May), is the end of high season. You'll find cooler temperatures and fewer people at the top attractions. It's one of the best times to visit if you're looking for deals on hotel rooms and activities.
The cheapest time of year to visit Hobart is during winter. From June to August, you'll find cheap flights and low hotel rates. There are also a number of festivals that take place such as Dark MOFO and if you're lucky you'll see Mt Wellington covered in snow.
September to November is springtime in Hobart. It's one of the wettest times of year to visit, but you'll be rewarded with a blossoming landscape. There are still plenty of deals around, but it's worth booking in advance as the summer high season is just around the corner.
Airports in Hobart
Hobart is the major airport for Tasmania. It mainly operates domestic flights to Melbourne and Sydney with Qantas, Jetstar, Virgin Australia and Tigerair. The airport also serves as a hub for Skytraders.
Getting To and From Hobart Airport
The easiest way to get to your hotel from the airport is with a taxi. You'll find the cabs waiting outside of the terminal building. A trip into town costs AUD 35 and usually takes 20-minutes.
If you aren't pressed for time, another option is the Tasmanian Redline City Hotels Shuttle bus. You'll share a minibus with other travellers, can get dropped off at your hotel.
There are several car rental companies inside Hobart Airport. You'll find the rental desks by the arrivals area, and you can choose from car, campervan or motorhome options.