Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Hervey Bay, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Hervey Bay from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Hervey Bay Guide
Cheap Sydney to Hervey Bay Flights
Hervey Bay is one of Australia's best destinations for nature lovers. It's boarded by 40 km of pristine beaches, it's coastline is home to migrating humpback whales, and it's within easy access of the UNESCO listed Fraser Island.
With seven flights each week from Sydney to Hervey Bay, you can be exploring this unique part of Queensland in just 1h 45min. Book your trip with Virgin Australia and use Webjet to help you find the best cheap flights.
Ready to explore someplace new? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Sydney to Hervey Bay.
Departing from Sydney Airport
Getting to Sydney Airport
The quickest way to get from the city to the airport is with the train. The T8 Airport Line leaves every 10 minutes and runs from 5:00 a.m. to midnight every day.
If you're travelling on a budget, take the local bus. It costs AUD 5.60 per person and route 400 runs directly to the departure terminals.
Ride-sharing services like Uber and metered taxis are also available. A trip to the airport will cost between AUD 45-55 and take 20 minutes depending on the traffic.
Parking Options at Sydney Airport
There are three parking options available at Sydney Airport.
- If you're only going to Hervey Bay for the day, leave your car in P1 or P2. It offers the best hourly rates for short-term stays.
- For weekend or longer trips, park your vehicle in the P3 lot. You'll get discounted daily rates, and the spaces are only a short walk from the check-in counters.
- The cheapest parking option at Sydney Airport is the Blu Emu. It's a 15-minute drive away, but you can use the airport's free shuttle to get between the terminal building and the car park.
Arriving at Hervey Bay
Getting from Hervey Bay Airport to Your Hotel
If you want to keep your transportation costs as low as possible, take the airport shuttle bus. You'll split the fare with other passengers, but it isn't the fastest option as you'll have to wait until it's your turn to be dropped off.
Metered taxis are available outside of the arrivals hall. A trip from the airport into the city centre will cost around AUD 20-30 depending on your final destination.
The car hire desks are located inside the arrivals hall, just after baggage claim. You can choose from five rental companies and either pre-book your ride or choose from the options available when you arrive.
Things To Do in Hervey Bay
- Go on a whale watching tour. From July to November, the humpback whales travel up the Queensland coast towards the Whitsunday Islands. Hervey Bay is one of the best places in the world to witness the migration as these gentle giants stop to breed and nurse their young in the calm waters.
- Explore the city on foot. The Hervey Bay Esplanade is 14 km long and goes past the Botanic Gardens, the Hervey Bay Historical Village and Museum and the Fraser Coast Discovery Sphere.
- Plan a day trip. There's a lot to see just outside of Hervey Bay. Visit the fishing villages of Burrum Heads, stroll along the beaches and grab a cup of coffee from one of the country cafes and espresso bars.
- Visit the UNESCO listed Fraser Island. You can join a tour and swim in the fresh water of Lake McKenzie, explore the Maheno Shipwreck and see the colourful sands of The Pinnacles.