Compare Cheap Flights to Hervey Bay, Australia
Visiting Hervey Bay for work or a holiday? Check out Webjet's latest deals, browse airfares from leading airlines around the world and find the perfect flight that suits your budget!
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Hervey Bay Guide
A Guide to Hervey Bay
Know Before You Go
- Visit Hervey Bay during whale season. Every July to November, hundreds of humpback whales migrate down the coast. It's one of the most popular attractions, and you can view these creatures from a boat tour or from the shore.
- Plan your budget. A hostel dorm bed in Hervey Bay will cost around AUD 25-25 per person per night. A room in a hotel or B&B will set you back AUD 130 to 250 per night.
- Get online. If you don't want to spend money on expensive data bundles, you can get online for free by heading to the nearest McDonalds.
- You don't need to tip. Australia doesn't have a tipping culture, but if you feel that the service was exceptional, you can tip 10% of the total bill.
- You can use your foreign driver's licence to rent a car. But keep in mind that Australia has strict speeding laws with heavy fines.
Getting Around Hervey Bay
- Take the bus. There is a regular bus service that goes around town to all the major attractions in the city. You can also use the Wide Bay Transit service to get back to your hotel from various attractions.
- Grab a taxi. If you want to get around town faster, you can call ahead to arrange a pick-up or go to one of the taxi ranks.
- Rent a bike. Hervey Bay has 18km of cycleway starting from Urangan to Point Vernon. You can hire a bike from one of the shops in town and explore the city at your own pace.
- Hire a car. If you want more freedom getting around and want to see places that are outside the CBD, you'll need to hire a car.
Best time to visit Hervey Bay
When is The Best Time to Visit Hervey Bay?
With warm and sunny weather all year long, Hervey Bay is a popular all-year-round destination.
But the best time to visit is during the winter months. From June to August, temperatures are in the low 20s, and there is little chance of rainfall ruining your plans.
It's also the start of the whale-watching season. Each year, hundreds of humpback whales make their way down the coast with their newborn calves. You can book a boat tour to see these creatures up close or admire them from the shore.
If you're travelling on a budget, you'll find cheap flights to Hervey Bay between December and March. Temperatures are at their highest, and it's the city's rainy season. But if you can handle the less than perfect weather, you'll pick up slashed hotel rates.
The shoulder months of October and November are ideal for travellers that want to escape the crowds. You'll still have warm weather without a lot of rain and prices for hotel rooms will start to drop.
Airports in Hervey Bay
Airports in Hervey Bay
Hervey Bay Airport
Hervey Bay Airport is located in Queensland, Australia. It operates domestic routes to Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney and Lady Elliot Island with JetGo, QantasLink, Virgin Australia and SEAIR Pacific.
Getting To and From Hervey Bay Airport
If you're travelling to Hervey Bay on a budget, the best way to get from the airport to your hotel is to take the shuttle bus.
But if you want to get to your accommodation faster, a cab would be the better option. You'll find the drivers waiting outside the arrivals hall. Taxis from the airport cost AUD 20-30 depending on the destination.
For those that prefer more freedom, you can rent a car from one of the five rental companies. You'll find their desks inside the arrivals hall, just after baggage claim.