Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Hamilton Island, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Hamilton Island from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Hamilton Island
Best flight deals in April
Currency used in Hamilton Island
Current Time in Hamilton Island
Average Temperature in Hamilton Island
Average Rainfall in Hamilton Island
See more of Hamilton Island
Cheap Sydney to Hamilton Island Flights
Hamilton Island is known as the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef. But it has more to offer than just it's underwater heritage. From hiking to spa days, to golf courses and delicious foods, there is something on this island for everyone.
With 18 direct flights from Sydney to Hamilton Island each week, it will only take you 2h 25min to arrive in paradise. Book your trip with either Jetstar, Qantas or Virgin Australia and find the best cheap flights with Webjet.
Ready to embark on the adventure of a lifetime? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Sydney to Hamilton Island.
Departing from Sydney Airport
Getting to Sydney Airport
The quickest way to get to Sydney Airport is to take the train. You'll avoid any traffic jams and arrive at the departure terminals in under 15 minutes. The T8 Airport Line leaves the CBD station every 10 minutes from 5:00 a.m. to midnight every day.
For budget travellers, the most affordable way to get to the airport is to take the bus. Route 400 runs a regular service from the CBD every day and stops outside the T2 Domestic and T1 International terminals. Tickets cost AUD 5.60 each way.
Metered taxis and Ubers are also available. A trip to the airport costs between AUD 45-55 and takes 20-minutes if there isn't traffic.
Parking Options at Sydney Airport
- Park your car in P1 or P2 if you're going to Hamilton Island for just a day. It offers the best rates for short-term stays and is close to the terminals.
- For longer trips, leave your car in P3. You'll save money with the daily discounted rates, and the parking bays are a short walk away from the check-in counters.
- The most affordable parking option at the airport is Blu Emu. While the parking lot is a 15-minute drive from the terminal building, there is a free 24-hour shuttle bus.
Arriving at Hamilton Island Airport
Getting from Hamilton Island Airport to Your Hotel
Hamilton Island is car fee which means there won't be any taxis waiting to take you to your hotel.
But that doesn't mean you'll struggle to get around. If you're booked at specific accommodations, you'll be able to use a complimentary door-to-door shuttle to and from the airport.
If the hotel you're staying at doesn't offer this service, you can rent a golf buggy from the airport. You will need to book your ride at least 72 hours before you arrive. Rates start at AUD 46 for one hour and AUD 87 for 24 hours.
Things To Do in Hamilton Island
- Visit the Whitsundays Islands. It's considered one of the most beautiful in the world, with its sandy beaches and pristine coral reefs. Experience the best this island group has to offer by joining a half day dive and snorkel tour.
- If you want to take in the Hamilton Island's beauty, book a scenic helicopter or seaplane flight. You'll see the surrounding waterways from the air, and other flights will take you over the iconic Heart Reef.
- Go sea kayaking. It's a fantastic way to experience the beauty of Hamilton Island and get up close with its diverse marine life. For a truly romantic option, plan your kayak trip at sunset.
- Tackle the 20 kilometres of bushwalking trails. The most popular one is the Passage Peak trail. It's a challenging walk that will reward you with spectacular views of the island. You can also download audio hiking tours onto your phone with the free Hamilton Island app.