Compare Cheap Flights from Newcastle to Gold Coast, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Gold Coast from Newcastle? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Gold Coast
Best flight deals in September
Cheapest Price from Newcastle to Gold Coast
Currency used in Gold Coast
Average Time to Gold Coast
Current Time in Gold Coast
Average Temperature in Gold Coast
Average Rainfall in Gold Coast
See more of Gold Coast
Cheap Newcastle to Gold Coast Flights
Does hanging out at the beach all day and catching some waves sound like your version of the Australian dream? One of the best places to experience this and more is at Australia's famous Gold Coast.
Fly from Newcastle to the Gold Coast with Jetstar. The airline runs ten direct flights a week offered every Sunday to Wednesday, Friday and twice every Thursday and Saturday. With an average flight time of 1h 5min, you'll be soaking up the Gold Coast's natural beauty in no time.
Ready to catch cheap flights to one of Australia's most iconic destinations? Here's everything you need to about flying from Newcastle to the Gold Coast.
Departing from Newcastle Airport
Getting to Newcastle Airport
The only way to get to the airport with public transport is via the bus. Port Stephens Coaches run a daily bus service from the train station to the airport 11 times a day. Hunter Valley Buses also operate services from Maitland, Raymond Terrace and Stockton to the airport.
If you don't mind paying a little bit extra, you can also take a taxi or a ride-sharing service. A single trip from the CBD to the airport costs around AUD 43-58 depending on the traffic.
Parking at Newcastle Airport
Newcastle has a variety of parking options to suit every kind of budget and traveller.
Which Parking Option is The Best for You?
- Premium Car Park: If you don't mind paying more for convenience, this is the best parking option for you. It's located 200 meters from the terminal, and daily rates start at AUD 35.
- Short Stay Car Park: This car park is only for trips less than 24 hours. It costs AUD 31 and is located near the departure terminal.
- Long Stay Car Park: For weekend trips to the Gold Coast, park your car here. You'll get better value for your money, with daily rates starting at AUD 25.
- Long Stay Saver Car Park: If you're travelling on a tight budget, this is the best option. Rates are only AUD 19, and while the car park is not close to the terminals, there is a free shuttle bus.
Arriving at The Gold Coast Airport
Getting from the Gold Coast Airport to Your Hotel
The most affordable way to get from the airport is with the Translink public bus service. Buy the Go Explore Pass for unlimited bus and tram travel for just AUD 10 each day or simply pay as you go.
The taxi ranks at the airport are located outside of the terminal. A ride to Surfers Paradise costs around AUD 30-60. There are also private transfer services that you can book either before or after you arrive.
Interested in hiring a car? You'll find car hire desks opposite the arrivals area.
Things to Do in the Gold Coast
- Learn how to surf. The Gold Coast is one of the best places in Australia to pick up the skill, and you'll have tons of surf schools to choose from in the area.
- Melbourne isn't Australia's only famous coffee region. If you're serious about your caffeine addiction, make sure to check out Percy's Corner, Raw Espresso and Parlour Coffee.
- Got three hours to kill? Go on Australia's longest zip line tour. With platforms up to 60m high and reaching speeds of 70 km per hour, it's one of the most thrilling ways to spend an afternoon on the Gold Coast.
- Visit one of the famous theme parks. Scream your lungs at Dreamworld, cool off from the summer heat at Wet n Wild and relive your favourite films at Warner Bros Movie World.