Compare Cheap Flights from Melbourne to Gold Coast, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Gold Coast from Melbourne? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Gold Coast Guide
Cheap Melbourne to Gold Coast Flights
Looking to swap Melbourne's city life and for the Gold Coast's 57 km coastline?
With its excellent waves, quirky markets and lively nightlife, the Gold Coast is the epitome of the Australian dream. The best part is that it's only a two-hour flight from Melbourne. You'll be sipping cocktails on the beach in no time!
With 131 flights departing from Melbourne to the Gold Coast each week, all you need to do is find the perfect departure time for your holiday.
Ready to hang out on the beach all day? Here's what you need to know about flying from Melbourne to the Gold Coast!
Departing from Melbourne Airport
Getting to Melbourne Airport
Melbourne has three airports, but all direct flights to the Gold coast depart from Melbourne Tullamarine Airport.
The cheapest way to get there is with the public bus. Routes 478, 479, 482 and 901 take passengers to Melbourne Airport and stop outside the transport hub by terminal 4.
If your flight is leaving in the early morning or late at night, the best way to get to Melbourne Airport is with the 24-hour SkyBus. It runs every 10 minutes from the CBD and costs AUD 19 one way.
Taxis and ridesharing services can drop you off along Departure Drive or the T4 Transport Hub drop off zone on level 1.
If you would prefer to leave your car at the airport, there are three options to suit any budget. Choose from the budget-friendly Value Car Park, the convenient Long Term Park or the premium Terminal Car Park.
Which Domestic Terminal Will Your Melbourne to Gold Coast Flight Depart From?
Melbourne Airport has four domestic terminals.
- Go to Terminal 1 for Qantas flights to the Gold Coast.
- Virgin Australia domestic flights depart from Terminal 3.
- Jetstar and Tigerair flights run out of Terminal 4.
Each domestic departure terminal is equipped with ATMs, lounges and free WiFi. If you have some time before your flight, you can also grab a snack at one of the eateries or do some last-minute shopping.
Arriving at The Gold Coast Airport
Getting from the Gold Coast Airport to Your Hotel
On a tight budget? Hop on board the TransLink public bus service. It runs from the airport to the Gold Coast every day. Passengers can either buy a one-way ticket or purchase a Go Explore Pass for unlimited bus and tram travel for AUD 10 a day.
The taxi rank is located outside of the arrivals terminal. A one-way ride to Surfers Paradise will set you back around AUD 30-60 depending on the traffic.
If you want to hire a car for your trip to the Gold Coast, you can find car rental desks opposite the arrivals area. There are also private transfer services that you can prebook or arrange once you arrive.
Things to Do in the Gold Coast
- A trip to the Gold Coast is the ultimate beach holiday. With a seemingly endless coastline, excellent surfing conditions and beautiful weather, all you need to do is kick back and relax.
- But if you want to add a dash of adventure, head to the Gold Coast's famous theme parks. Spend an afternoon at Wet n'' Wild, scream your lungs out at Dreamworld's Big Eight or visit Warner Bros and meet your favourite cartoon characters.
- Want to bring home a few souvenirs? The Village and Carrara Markets are the perfect spots to pick up unique, one-of-a-kind items. Browse over 500 stalls and find the perfect gift or spoil yourself.
- Before you leave, make your way further inland. The World Heritage rainforests Lamington and Springbrook are not to be missed and are the perfect way to end off your trip to the Gold Coast.