Compare Cheap Flights from Cairns to Gold Coast, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Gold Coast from Cairns? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Gold Coast Guide
Cheap Cairns to Gold Coast Flights
The Gold Coast is the heart of Australia's surf scene. It's home to massive waves, a bustling metropolis and 300 days of sunshine each year.
With ten flights each week between Cairns and Gold Coast, you can explore this city and its coastline in just 2h 5min. Book your trip with either Jetstar or Qantas and use Webjet to find the cheapest dates to fly.
Ready to pack your bags and go on an adventure? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Cairns to Gold Coast!
Departing from Cairns Airport
Getting to Cairns Airport
The best way to get to the airport, if you're on a tight budget, is with the local bus. All you need to do is catch the service from the city centre to Sheridan Street. From there, you can transfer to the Airport Connect bus, and the entire journey will only set you back AUD 7.
Another affordable option is the airport shuttle. If you're staying at select hotels and hostels, you can get fetched and dropped off at the departure terminals. A one-way trip will cost between AUD 10 to 17 per person.
If you don't want to share your ride, you can use the city's fleet of metered taxis or request a ride with Uber.
Parking at Cairns Airport
If you want to leave your car at the airport, book your parking online. You can save up to 40% on daily rates, and you'll have two options to choose from:
- The Weekender: If you're only going to Gold Coast for a few days, leave your car in the T2 parking lot. It will set you back AUD 55 for the weekend.
- Weekly Stay: For longer trips, use this parking lot for more favourable rates. It costs only AUD 77 for 7-days, and you'll be within walking distance of the terminals.
Arriving at The Gold Coast Airport
Getting from the Gold Coast Airport to Your Hotel
Take the public bus from the airport if you want to save money. You can get an unlimited bus and tram pass for only AUD 10 a day or pay for your fare as you go.
The taxi stands are located outside of the terminal building. A trip to Surfers Paradise will cost between AUD 30-60 depending on the traffic.
Other options include booking a private transfer service or hiring your own set of wheels from one of the car rental desks when you arrive.
Things to Do in the Gold Coast
- Get your adrenaline fix at one of the city's many theme parks. Go scream your lungs out at Dreamworld or get lost inside your favourite films at the Warner Bros Movie World.
- Explore the Gold Coast's 57 km of coastline. Sign up for surf lessons, go swimming in the ocean or work on your tan at one of the city's many beaches.
- Travel inland and visit the Gold Coast's other natural attractions. Besides its pristine coastline, the city is also home to the World Heritage rainforests of Springbok and Lamington.
- Visit the markets. The Carrara and Village Markets boast over 500 stalls, making it a bargain hunter's paradise. You'll find loads of souvenirs to bring back home and plenty of food to keep your hunger at bay while you peruse the stalls.
Gold Coast, Australia - Gold Coast Coolangatta Airport (OOL)
Gold Coast Airport is your gateway to Australia's most popular holiday destinations. Familiarise yourself with Gold Coast Airport's terminals with a handy map and a guide to Gold Coast Airport transfers, airport accommodation and rental car options.