Compare Cheap Flights from Hobart to Esperance, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Esperance from Hobart? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
A Guide to Esperance
Know Before You Go
- Plan your budget. A campsite in Esperance will cost AUD 25-30 for two people. If you're staying in hostels, you can expect to pay AUD 30-50 for a dorm bed. Mid-range hotels charge between AUD 150-220 per night.
- You don't need to tip. Australia doesn't have a tipping culture due to its high minimum wage. However, if you feel that the service you received was exceptional, you can tip 10%.
- Get online. If you don't want to buy an expensive data bundle, you can head to the nearest Mcdonalds and use theirs for free.
- Go on the Great Ocean Drive Tourist Loop. You'll see some of Australia's whitest sand beaches. Pack a picnic and go snorkelling at Blue Haven Beach or go surfing at Fourth Beach.
- Visit the Pink Lake. Located on Middle Island, you can book a boat tour or take a scenic flight to Lake Hillier and see it's famous pink water with your own eyes.
Getting Around Esperance
There are no public transport options within the town of Esperance. The only way to get around the CBD is to either walk or call ahead for a taxi service.
You will need to rent a car if you want to go anywhere further afield. With the town's most beautiful beaches 10km from the city, you'll want your own set of wheels to explore the region.
Best time to visit Esperance
When is The Best Time to Visit Esperance?
The best time to visit Esperance is between September and November. You'll catch the end of whale watching season and the beginning of the blooming wildflowers. Temperatures will also start to warm up, and the winter rains become less frequent.
If you like your weather hot, plan your trip for the summer months. From December to February, temperatures hover around 26C, and there is little chance of rain ruining any of your plans. But the city can get crowded during this time as the Australian school's break-up for the festive holidays,
For travellers that prefer milder weather, come to Esperance in April. Temperatures are cool, and the winter rains have yet to kick in.
The least popular time to visit is in winter. From June to August, the city is cold, and the constant rain puts a damper on any outdoor plans. But if you don't mind the less than perfect weather, you'll find cheap hotel rates and airfare prices.
Airports in Esperance
Esperance Airport is located in Western Australia. It is a small regional airport that is only served by one airline, Regional Express, who operates regular flights to and from Perth.
Getting To and From Esperance Airport
There are no public transport options that run between the airport and the city.
The only way you can get to your hotel is to hire a car or use a taxi. You'll find the cab drivers waiting outside the arrivals hall, or you can call the Esperance Taxi Service to request your ride.