Compare Cheap Flights from Canberra to Emerald, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Emerald from Canberra? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Emerald
Best flight deals in October
Cheapest Price from Canberra to Emerald
Currency used in Emerald
Average Time to Emerald
Current Time in Emerald
Average Temperature in Emerald
Average Rainfall in Emerald
See more of Emerald
A Guide to Emerald
Know Before You Go
- Visit the world's biggest Van Gogh sunflower painting. Due to the city's history farming sunflowers, it now displays this 25-metre tall masterpiece in Morton Park.
- Get online. Data bundles in Australia can be expensive. If you need to get online, head to the nearest McDonalds and use their WiFi for free.
- You don't need to tip in Australia. However, if you feel the service you received was above average, you can leave a small 10-15% tip.
- Visit the sapphire gemfields. Emerald is home to the largest sapphire-producing area in the Southern Hemisphere. You can go for a walk through the mines, watch gem-faceting demonstrations or even obtain a licence and try your hand at fossicking.
- Go the Railway Station. It was built in the 1900s and restored in the mid-eighties. The site features an ancient fossilised tree that's estimated to be over 250 million years old.
Getting Around Emerald
The best way to get around Emerald is to hire your own car. You'll be able to explore more than just the CBD and spend as much time as you want at local attractions.
Your only other option is to use the local taxi service. However, you will need to call ahead to arrange your ride.
When is The Best Time to Visit Emerald?
The busiest time of year to visit Emerald is in January. Prices for hotels and flights are expensive during this month, and you'll need to book in advance. July and March can also be costly months for travel to Emerald.
If you want cool, but still warm weather for outdoor activities, visit Emerald in fall. From March to May, temperatures lower to around 22°C and rarely dip below 11°C. Rain is frequent during this season, but it's not enough to ruin a day out.
For budget travellers, the best times of year to visit Emerald are during the spring and summer months. From September to November and December to February, the town sees fewer tourists, and you'll have the region to yourself. You'll also be able to find better deals for hotels and discounts on flights.
Average temperatures are around 20°C for spring and only go up to 24°C in summer. The nights don't get too cold, with temperatures averaging about 15°C.
Airports in Emerald
Emerald Airport is located in Queensland and is 6km from the city centre. It operates regular flights to Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast with Alliance Airlines, Virgin Australia and Sunstate Airlines.
Getting To and From Emerald Airport
There are no public transport options to and from the airport. The best way to get to your hotel is with a taxi. You'll find the drivers waiting outside of the terminal and a trip into town costs around AUD 16.
If you prefer having more freedom, you can hire a car. There are a few rental companies that operate out of the arrivals hall of the airport.