Compare Cheap Flights from Brisbane to Emerald, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Emerald from Brisbane? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Brisbane to Emerald Flights
Located in the Central Highlands, Emerald has become the hub of the region. It's the gateway to the largest sapphire fields in the southern hemisphere and is surrounded by lush green hills.
With 37 direct flight each week from Brisbane to Emerald, you can be exploring this unique part of Australia in just 1h 25min. Book your trip with either Alliance Airlines, Qantas or Virgin Australia and use Webjet to find out the cheapest day to fly.
Ready to head for the skies? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Brisbane to Emerald.
Departing from Brisbane Airport
Getting to Brisbane Airport
If you want to get to the airport as fast as possible, take the SkyTrain. Tickets cost AUD 15 per person, and you'll arrive at the departure terminals in 20 minutes.
Another affordable option is to take the local bus. Translink operates two routes that connect Brisbane to the airport. But if you want to avoid all the stops in between, you can book a direct transfer service from your hotel.
Metered taxis are also available in Brisbane. You can also use ride-sharing services like Uber to request a ride. A one-way trip usually costs AUD 33 - 42 depending on the traffic.
Parking at Brisbane Airport
There are three parking options available at Brisbane Airport.
- If you're going to Emerald for the day, weekend or more leave your car in the ParkLong lot. It's close to the domestic terminal and within walking distance of the check-in counters.
- The ParkPremium option is ideal for travellers that don't want to waste time at the airport. You'll have private entry and exit ramps to help you get to and from your flight as quickly as possible.
- Another premium service is the ParkValet option. All you need to do is drop your car off at the designated area, and the airport's staff will take care of the rest.
Arriving at Emerald Airport
Getting from Emerald Airport to Your Hotel
There are no public transport options that connect the airport to the city. The best way to get to your hotel is to hire a car or take a taxi. You'll find the cab drivers waiting outside of the terminal buildings, and you can expect to pay about AUD 16.
For car hire, you'll find several rental desks inside the arrivals hall to choose from.
Things to do
Things To Do in Emerald
- Go to Carnarvon Gorge. It's located inside the Carnarvon National Park and is one of Emerald's most popular attractions. It's known for its abundance of bird species and 21 km of hiking trails.
- Try your hand at sapphire prospecting. The gem fields are a short 45 km drive from the city and were at their peak between the 1970s and 1980's. You can look for these precious stones yourself or browse one of the many gem shops in the tiny villages of Rubyvale, Anakie and Sapphire.
- Visit the Japanese Gardens. Located between Emerald and Rockhampton, the gardens are worth the stop and are thought to be the best of their kind in Queensland.
- Spend a few hours at the Emerald Botanic Gardens. Its spread across 42 hectares and boasts 6 km of walking trails. There's also plenty of picnic spots and a large playground for families travelling with young kids.