Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Darwin, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Darwin from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
|Mon 27 Jun||
$768 ONE WAY
$1,090 ONE WAY
$1,199 ONE WAY
|Tue 28 Jun||
$730 ONE WAY
$891 ONE WAY
$1,209 ONE WAY
|Wed 29 Jun||
$741 ONE WAY
$1,682 ONE WAY
|Thu 30 Jun||
$945 ONE WAY
$1,547 ONE WAY
Route information for flights from Sydney to Darwin
|Cheapest one-way price for the current month||from $730|
|Cheapest one-way price over next 6 months||from $186|
|Cheapest month||October 2022|
|Most expensive month||June 2022|
|Average flight time||4h 30m|
Cheapest time to fly to Darwin
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Darwin
Current Time in Darwin
Average Temperature in Darwin
Average Rainfall in Darwin
See more of Darwin
Cheap Sydney to Darwin Flights
Want to escape Sydney for a weekend or two in Darwin?
With 20 direct flights each week, you'll be exploring Australia's only tropical city in just 4 h 15 min. Choose from leading airlines such as Virgin Australia, Qantas or Jetstar and find cheap flights for your travel plans.
Ready to pack your bags and take to the skies? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Sydney to Darwin without a hitch.
Departing from Sydney Airport
Getting to Sydney Airport
Want to avoid Sydney's notorious traffic jams? Take the train to the airport. The T8 Airport Line runs every 10 minutes from the CBD between 5:00 a.m. and midnight.
For the budget conscious, the cheapest way to get to Sydney Airport is with the bus. A one-way trip will only set you back AUD 5.60. Take Route 400 all the way to either the T1 International or T3 Domestic terminals.
Taxis and ride-sharing services are also available. A single trip from the city centre to the airport will cost around AUD 45-55 and take about 20 minutes depending on traffic.
Parking at Sydney Airport
If you want to leave your car at the airport, book your spot online. Not only will you secure a cheaper daily rate, but you'll have more money to spend while in Darwin.
Which Parking Option is The Best for You?
- For a weekend or short business trip to Darwin, park your car in either P1 or P2. The lot is a short 5-minute walk to the domestic terminals and check-in counters.
- If you're planning a longer trip, leave your car in the P3 parking lot. It's an 8-minute walk from the terminals and has a discounted daily rate if you book ahead online.
- Travelling on a budget? Save by parking your car at the Blu Emu. It is a 15-minute bus ride away from the terminals, but Sydney Airport runs a free 24-hour shuttle bus between the lot and the airport, so you don't need to spend money on a taxi.
Arriving at Darwin Airport
Getting from Darwin Airport to Your Hotel
Want to take a taxi to your hotel? You'll find the ranks outside of the arrivals terminal. A trip to the city centre should cost around AUD 25-30, and you'll also need to pay an AUD 3 exit toll.
A more affordable way to get to your hotel is with the Darwin City Airport Shuttle Service. It operates 24-hours a day, 7-days a week and is located outside the baggage collection area.
For visitors staying at the Novotel Darwin Airport Hotel or Mercure Darwin Airport Resort, you can use a free shuttle bus. All you need to do is phone the hotel when you've arrived to request your pick up.
Other transport options include Buslink, as well as coach and charter services.
Things to Do in Darwin
- Go to the Stokes Hill Wharf and catch a sunset cruise. The boats leave every day around 5:00 p.m. and the trip includes complimentary drinks and canapes.
- Spend an evening at the Deckchair Cinema, On weekends at 7:30 p.m. you can catch a screening of art house and mainstream movies while sitting underneath the stars. There are also pop up food stalls, and the cinema bar has new craft beer options each month.
- Visit Nightcliff. It's full of bustling weekend markets, trendy cafes and a delicious van food scene. Plus the breathtaking beachside beauty doesn't hurt.
- Hire a car and spend a day at the Berry Springs Nature Park. You can snorkel in the water holes, have a barbecue for lunch or visit the nearby mango farm.