Compare Cheap Flights from Cairns to Darwin, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Darwin from Cairns? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Darwin
Best flight deals in April
Cheapest Price from Cairns to Darwin
Currency used in Darwin
Average Time to Darwin
Current Time in Darwin
Average Temperature in Darwin
Average Rainfall in Darwin
See more of Darwin
Cheap Cairns to Darwin Flights
Darwin is the bustling hub of the Top End. It's home to excellent beaches, Litchfield National Park and some of Australia's best weekend markets.
With an average flight time of 2h 30min from Cairns to Darwin, you'll be exploring the city in no time. Choose one of the eight weekly flights with Qantas or Jetstar and let Webjet help you find the cheapest day to fly.
Ready to take off with cheap flights from Webjet? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Cairns to Darwin!
Departing from Cairns Airport
All flights from Cairns to Darwin depart from the domestic terminal. Inside the departure lounge, you'll find free WiFi, restaurants, shops and ATMs.
Getting to Cairns Airport
If you're strapped for cash, take the local bus from the city to the airport. You'll need to swap buses at the Sheridan Street bus stop to catch the Airport Connect bus for only AUD 4 each way.
For travellers staying at select hotels or hostels in Cairns, you can use the airport shuttle bus. A single trip from the city costs between AUD 15-17 per person.
The most expensive, but more convenient option is to take a metered taxi or ridesharing service like Uber.
Parking at Cairns Airport
If you're planning on leaving your car at the airport, reserve your spot online, and you'll knock off 40% of the total price.
- The Weekender: For short weekend trips to Darwin, leave your car in the T2 Car Park. It's close to the domestic terminal, and rates for a three-day stay are only AUD 55.
- Weekly Stay: If you're going to Darwin for a week or more, you'll find better rates by using the T2 Uncovered Covered Car Park. You can expect to pay AUD 77 for a total of seven days.
Arriving at Darwin Airport
Getting from Darwin Airport to Your Hotel
Take a metered taxi. You'll find the cab drivers waiting outside the arrivals terminal. Keep in mind that you'll need to pay an AUD 3 exit toll and a ride into the CBD costs around AUD 25-30.
For budget travellers, the most affordable way to get into the city is with the airport shuttle service. It runs 24 hours a day, 7-days a week and you can find the collection point outside the baggage collection area.
If you're staying at the Novotel Darwin Airport Hotel or the Mercure Darwin Airport Resort, you can use their free shuttle bus.
Other transport options include renting a car or using one of the Buslink, coach or charter services.
Things to Do in Darwin
- Head to the Stokes Hill Wharf for sunset. You can take a cruise every day around 5:00 p.m. and watch the day end in style.
- Catch a movie with Deckchair Cinema. If you find yourself in Darwin on the weekend, you can go to a screening of art house or mainstream movies while sitting underneath the stars. There are also delicious food stalls and new craft beer options every month.
- Looking for a souvenir to bring back with you? Go the Nightcliff and browse the weekend markets. There's also a van food scene that should not be missed, and plenty of cafes to help you get your caffeine fix.
- Go on a day trip to the Berry Springs Nature Park. You can pack a picnic, go snorkelling and visit the nearby mango farm.