Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Canberra, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Canberra from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Sydney to Canberra Flights
Want to discover the home of the Australian National Collection?
Canberra is the ultimate destination for history buffs, art lovers and foodies who want to experience the best cultural activities the country has to offer.
With 179 flights a week from Sydney to Canberra, you won't have to look hard to find a route that suits your schedule and budget. Choose non-stop flights with leading airlines such as Qantas and Virgin Australia, and in just 50 minutes you'll be exploring the city.
Ready to take to the skies? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Sydney to Canberra without a hitch!
Departing from Sydney Airport
Getting to Sydney Airport
The quickest way to get from the city to Sydney Airport is with the train. All you need to do is top up your Opal Card at the nearest station and hop on board the T8 Airport Line. Trains run from 5:00 a.m. to midnight and leave every 10 minutes.
For budget travellers, the best way to get to the airport is with the public bus. Route 400 stops at the T1 International, and T3 Domestic terminals and a single trip only costs AUD 5.60.
Taxis and ride-sharing services are also available to take you to the airport. Travel time to the domestic terminal is usually 20 minutes and costs AUD 45-55 one-way.
Parking at Sydney Airport
If you want to leave your car at Sydney Airport, save money by booking your spot online. You'll get a cheaper daily rate and won't have to spend time searching for a spot when you arrive.
Which Parking Option is The Best for You?
- If you're going to Canberra for the weekend, park your car in P1 or P2. It's ideal for short trips and is only a 5-minute walk to the domestic terminals.
- For longer trips, your best option is to park your car in P3. It has a daily discounted rate if you book online and is an 8-minute walk from the terminals.
- For budget travellers, the cheapest option is to leave your car at the Blu Emu. The parking lot is a 15-minute bus ride from the terminals, but a free shuttle runs 24 hours a day between the airport and the parking lot.
Arriving at Canberra Airport
Getting from Canberra Airport to Your Hotel
The cheapest way to get from the Canberra Airport into the city is with the bus. Take 11 or 11A from the stop near the terminals for only AUD 4.80. Tickets can be bought on board, and the bus runs 7-days a week.
The quickest way to get to your hotel is with a taxi. A one-way trip from the airport to the CBD costs around AUD 48-54 depending on traffic.
If you prefer to use ridesharing services like Uber, go to the Express Pick-up car park. It's located on the ground floor of the IndoorPark and is 20 meters from the arrivals hall.
For car hire, go to the lower arrivals level of the terminal. There are six car rental companies to choose from that can help you with your travelling needs.
Things to do in Canberra
- Unleash your inner history buff at The Australian War Memorial. It's one of the best places to learn about the country's history from its colonial period all the way up to present day.
- Hike up to the Mount Ainslie Lookout. It's one of Canberra's most popular heritage trials, with incredible views of the city and important cultural landmarks.
- Visit the National Gallery of Australia. It's home to some of the country's most important public art collections and features pieces of Australian, Indigenous and Asian art.
- If you're a sports fan, book a tour of the Australian Institute of Sport. You'll be able to watch some of the country's finest athletes train, and you can even use facilities like the swimming pool and gym.