Compare Cheap Flights from Perth to Canberra, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Canberra from Perth? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
Flights: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95
Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Perth to Canberra Flights
Canberra is the capital city of Australia, but travellers often overlook it in favour of Melbourne or the Gold Coast. But those who do make their way here are rewarded with some of Australia's best cultural activities and a coffee culture that rivals the more popular cities.
Use Webjet's powerful search engine to help you find the cheapest days to fly. Book your trip to Canberra with either Qantas or Virgin Australia and choose from one of the nine weekly flights. With a total journey time of only 3h 50 min, you'll be exploring all the city has to offer in no time.
Ready to pack your bags? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Perth to Canberra!
Departing from Perth
Passengers flying with Virgin Australia will depart from Terminals 1 and 2.
Qantas passengers will use either Terminal 2 or 4.
All domestic terminals offer free WiFi, ATMs, shops, restaurants and airline lounges.
Getting to Perth Airport
The most affordable way to get from the city to Perth Airport is with the public bus. Take route 380 if your flight is leaving from T1 or T2. For departures from T3 or T4, take bus number 40.
The only other option for getting to the airport is with a metered taxi or a ride-sharing service. A one-way trip usually costs AUD 42-52, and you'll need to give yourself enough buffer time in case there is a traffic jam.
Parking at Perth Airport
Which Parking Option is the Best For You?
- Short Term: If you're going to Canberra for the weekend, you can leave your car in the short-term parking lot. The rates are cheaper, and you'll be within walking distance of the terminal building.
- Long Term: If you're going away for a week or more, you'll save money by leaving your car here. Prices start at AUD 10 per day, and there is a free 24-hour shuttle to take you between the lot and the airport.
- Fast Track: If you're looking for absolute convenience at the airport, leave your car here. It's the most expensive parking option at Perth Airport, but the check-in counters are only one minute away.
Arriving at Canberra Airport
Getting from Canberra Airport to Your Hotel
For budget travellers, the best way to get from the airport is with the public bus. Hop on board route 11 or 11A and the trip to downtown Canberra will only set you back AUD 4.80.
Metered taxis are available outside of the arrival terminals. A one-way trip cost between AUD 45-54. Ride-sharing services like Uber are also available, and the prices are slightly lower.
If you're planning on making a lot of day trips while in the city, hiring a car is the best option. You'll find six rental desks on the lower level of the arrival terminal.
Things to do in Canberra
- Spend a few hours at the Australian War Memorial. You'll be able to learn all about Canberra's history and see exhibits from its colonial past.
- If you're the adventurous type, don't miss hiking to the summit of Mount Ainslie. It's one of the city's most popular trails that rewards hikers with beautiful panoramic views over the city.
- Visit the National Gallery of Australia. It's home to some of the country's most important art collections including Indigenous pieces.
- Sports lovers shouldn't miss the opportunity to go on a tour of the Australian Institute of Sport. You'll be able to use some of the facilities and watch some of the country's top athletes train.