Compare Cheap Flights from Gold coast to Canberra, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Canberra from Gold coast? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Gold Coast to Canberra Flights
Canberra is Australia's capital city. It's full of natural beauty, adventure around every corner and a buzzing arts scene.
With five flights a week from Gold Coast to Canberra and a flight time of 1h 40min, you'll be discovering what this city has to offer in no time. Book a direct route with Virgin Australia or take a connecting flight with Qantas via Sydney or Melbourne.
Ready to head for the clouds? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Gold Coast to Canberra without a hitch!
Departing from Gold Coast Airport
Getting to Gold Coast Airport
If you're travelling on a tight budget, the best way to get to the airport is with the bus. Translink runs a daily service between the city and the departure terminals. You can use a bus pass to pay for your trip or give the driver cash when you board.
Another affordable option is to take the Gold Coast Tourist shuttle bus. It operates from Tweed Heads to Runaway Bay, and you'll be fetched from your accommodation.
Metered taxis and ride-sharing services are also available in Gold Coast. A one-way trip from Surfers Paradise will cost around AUD 30-60.
Parking at Gold Coast Airport
There are three different parking options to choose from at Gold Coast Airport.
- Premium Covered Parking: If you want to be as close to the check-in counters as possible, leave your car here. It's linked to the terminal building with a private walkway to help you save time. Book online before you arrive to get a cheaper rate.
- Short-Term Terminal Parking: For trips to Canberra that will be less than eight hours, use this car park. The hourly rate will be more favourable than the long-term options.
- Budget Parking: If you want to spend as little money as possible, use this option. Daily rates start at AUD 16, and you can choose from covered and uncovered bays.
Arriving at Canberra Airport
Getting from Canberra Airport to Your Hotel
The most affordable way to get from Canberra Airport to the city centre is with the public bus. Route 11 and 11A both run a regular service to downtown Canberra. Rates start at AUD 4.80 per person.
You'll find metered taxi drivers waiting outside of the arrival terminal. A one-way ride into the city will cost between AUD 45-54. Ride-sharing apps like Uber are also available, and you can use the airport's free WiFi to request your ride.
If you want to hire a car, you can choose from the six rental desks on the lower level of the arrival terminal.
Things to do in Canberra
- Visit the Australian War Memorial. You'll learn all about the city's history from its colonial past to present.
- Hike to the summit of Mount Ainslie. It's one of the most popular trails and offers hikers panoramic views of the city below.
- Go to the National Gallery of Australia. Inside you'll find some of Australia's most important art collections.
- Take a tour around the Australian Institute of Sport. It's a must-visit for sports lovers who want to watch some of the country's top athletes train.