Compare Cheap Flights from Adelaide to Canberra, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Canberra from Adelaide? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Adelaide to Canberra Flights
Canberra is fighting hard for the title of coolest capital city. It's home to delicious fresh ground coffee, beautiful reserves and some of Australia's best cultural activities.
If you're planning a trip to Canberra, use Webjet to help you find the lowest airfares for your travel dates. Book your direct flight with either Qantas or Virgin Australia and choose from one of the 18 weekly flights. With a journey time of only 1h 45min, you'll be exploring the nation's capital in no time.
Ready to pack your bags and head for the clouds? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Adelaide to Canberra without a hitch!
Departing from Adelaide Airport
Adelaide Airport is small and only has one terminal building. Passengers flying to Canberra will find the check-in counters on Level 2 and can enjoy free and unlimited WiFi in the terminal.
Getting to Adelaide Airport
If you want to save as much money as possible getting to the airport, take the public bus. JetExpress and JetBus both run regular services to and from the airport, 7-days a week.
If you're staying at one of the hotels in the CBD, you can book a trip to the airport with the door-to-door-shuttle service. It runs every day and costs only AUD 10 one-way.
Ridesharing services like Uber and metered taxis are also available in the city. A one-way trip will set you back AUD 13-17 and takes 20-minutes depending on the traffic.
Parking at Adelaide Airport
There are two parking options to choose from at Adelaide Airport:
- Terminal Car Park: If you're just flying to Canberra for a weekend trip, park your car here. It offers the best rates and is just minutes from the terminal building.
- Long Term Car Park: For trips to Canberra that are a week or longer, you'll find lower parking rates here. While the car park is a 10-minute walk to the terminal building, you can make use of the free shuttle service.
Arriving at Canberra Airport
Getting from Canberra Airport to Your Hotel
The cheapest way to get from Canberra Airport to the city is with the public bus. Take route 11 or 11A and your trip into town will only cost you AUD 4.80.
If you don't want to waste any time getting to your hotel, take a taxi. You'll find the drivers waiting outside the terminals and a one-way trip should cost you around AUD 45-54.
There are also ride-sharing services like Uber available at the airport. Use the free WiFi to request your ride and meet your driver at the Express Pick-up car park.
Want to hire your own set of wheels while in Canberra? Head to the lower arrivals of the terminal, and you can choose from the six car rental companies.
Things to do in Canberra
- If you love learning about the history of a place, head to the Australian War Memorial. You'll be able to see exhibits from Australia's colonial period all the way up to present day.
- Go for a hike and summit Mount Ainslie. This trail is one of the most popular in the city, and the lookout point will reward you with beautiful views over Canberra.
- For art lovers, the National Gallery of Australia won't disappoint. You'll find some of the most significant art collections here including Indigenous art.
- Are you obsessed with sport? Then book a tour of the Australia Institute of Sport. You can watch some of the country's best athlete's train and even use the start of the art facilities.