Compare Cheap Flights from Perth to Cairns, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Cairns from Perth? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet flight fees per booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Cairns
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Cairns
Current Time in Cairns
Average Temperature in Cairns
Average Rainfall in Cairns
See more of Cairns
Cheap Perth to Cairns Flights
Cairns is Australia's adventure capital. Considered the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, it's the perfect holiday destination for travellers that want to explore the country's underwater heritage.
With three direct flights a week from Perth to Cairns, you can be scuba diving your heart out in just 4 h 10 min. Jetstar is the only airline that operates non-stop flights between the two cities, but you can also book connecting flights with Qantas and Virgin Australia.
Ready to pack your bags and take to the skies with cheap flights from Perth to Cairns? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Perth to Cairns without a hitch.
Departing from Perth
Perth is one of Australia's largest and busiest airports. It has four departure terminals that each have free WiFi, shops, restaurants and airline lounges.
For flights from Perth to the Cairns, you're most likely to depart from terminal 3.
Getting to Perth Airport
If you want to take public transport to Perth Airport from the city, your only option is the bus. Take Route 380 if your flight is leaving from Terminal 1 or 2. For flights departing from Terminal 3 or 4, hop on board Route 40.
The most direct way to get to the airport is with a taxi. However, you'll need to factor in extra journey time because of Perth's notorious traffic jams.
Ride-sharing services are also available, and a single trip to Perth Airport will set you back AUD 42-52.
Parking at Perth Airport
Which Parking Option is the Best For You?
- Short Term: Visiting Cairns for the weekend? Park your car in the short-term lot. The rates are slightly higher, but you'll be only minutes away from the terminal building.
- Long Term: Only park here if you'll be away for more than a few days. You'll benefit from discounted daily rates as low as AUD 10 a day, and there is a free 24-hour shuttle bus to take you to and from the terminals.
- Fast Track: If you don't want to waste any time at the airport, leave your car here. You'll have access to 230 exclusive bays and be within a one-minute walking distance from the check-in counters.
Arriving at Cairns Airport
Getting from Cairns Airport to Your Hotel
The most affordable way to get from the airport into Cairns is with the Airport Connect Bus. The bus will take you from the airport to the north, and southbound Sheridan Street bus stops for AUD 4. From there, you can transfer to a Translink bus to the city for as little as AUD 2.20.
There is also a door-to-door shuttle service that runs from the airport to the city. You can choose to book your spot in advance or sign up once you arrive. Fares cost around AUD 15-17, but if you're staying at select hostels, you'll only pay AUD 10.
The taxi ranks are located in front of the terminal building. If you prefer to use a ridesharing service like Uber, you can meet your driver at the designated pickup area located in the T2 Domestic zone.
Want to hire a car while in Cairns? There are also six car hire companies to choose from in the Arrivals Halls of T1 and T2.
Things to Do in Cairns
- The top thing to do in Cairns is to visit the Great Barrier Reef. If you want to avoid signing up for a tour with lots of people, choose an operator with smaller boats. You'll be able to avoid the masses and visit spots where the large ships can't drop anchor.
- Love getting an adrenaline rush? Spend an afternoon whitewater rafting. The city boasts some of the best rapids in the country, and there are difficulty levels for novices all the way up to pros.
- Snorkelling or diving in the Great Barrier Reef isn't the only way to enjoy Cairns underwater heritage. The city's shoreline is also home to migrating whales between May and September. Book a tour and get to see these magnificent creatures and their newborn calves up close.