Compare Cheap Flights from Newcastle to Cairns, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Cairns from Newcastle? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Cairns
Best flight deals in October
Cheapest Price from Newcastle to Cairns
Currency used in Cairns
Average Time to Cairns
Current Time in Cairns
Average Temperature in Cairns
Average Rainfall in Cairns
See more of Cairns
Cheap Newcastle to Cairns Flights
Cairns is the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, but that's not all this city has to offer. Queensland's sub-tropical oasis has plenty of other world-class natural attractions as well as a delicious international food scene.
With eight flights per day between Newcastle and Cairns, you can be exploring one of Australia's top destinations in no time. Book cheap flights from Virgin Australia or Jetstar and use Webjet's powerful search engine to discover the cheapest day to fly.
Ready to pack your bags and go on a new adventure? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Newcastle to Cairns!
Departing from Newcastle Airport
Getting to Newcastle Airport
The cheapest way to get from Newcastle to the airport is with the local bus. Port Stephens Coaches run a daily service from the train station 11 times a day. You can also hop on board one of the Hunter Valley buses that depart from Maitland, Raymond Terrace and Stockton.
The only other transport option is to take a metered taxi or a ride-sharing service. A trip from the city to the airport will cost around AUD 45-58 depending on the traffic.
Parking at Newcastle Airport
Newcastle Airport has four different parking options available:
- Premium Car Park: It's only 200 metres from the terminal building and daily rates start from AUD 35.
- Short Stay Car Park: For day trips to Cairns use this parking lot. It costs AUD 31 for 24 hours and is close to the departure terminal.
- Long Stay Car Park: If you're planning on spending a week or more in Cairns, leave your car here. Daily rates start at AUD 25, and you'll get better discounts for longer stays.
- Long Stay Saver Car Park: This is the cheapest parking option at the airport. Rates are AUD 19 per day, but the parking lot is the furthest away from the terminal buildings.
Arriving at Cairns Airport
Getting from Cairns Airport to Your Hotel
The cheapest way to get from the airport into the city is with the bus. You can take the Airport Connect bus to the north and southbound Sheridan Street stop where you can transfer to a Translink service and continue your journey into the CBD.
If you're staying at select hotels and hostels, you can use the Cairns Airport Shuttle. Single fares cost between AUD 10-17 per person, and you can save money by purchasing a return ticket.
Metered taxis are located in front of the terminal building. You can also use the airport's free WiFi to request a ride with Uber and meet your driver at the pickup T2 Domestic zone.
For car hire, you'll find six companies to choose from inside the Arrivals Hall of T1 and T2.
Things to Do in Cairns
- Get an adrenaline fix and go whitewater rafting. Cairns is known for having some of the best rapids in Australia with difficulty levels suitable for beginners and diehards.
- Spend the day at Tjapukai Aboriginal Park. You'll be able to learn about the indigenous people's culture and try to play the didgeridoo. There's also traditional storytelling, and you have the opportunity to witness the Quinkan spirit performance.
- Visit the Kuranda Scenic Railway. Board the historic train and wind around the UNESCO World Heritage Listed Daintree Forest. You'll go past waterfalls, breathtaking gorges and explore more of this protected rainforest.
- Sign up for a Ngadiku Dreamtime Walk. A local guide will lead you through the Mossman Gorge where you'll walk to secluded ceremonial sites and hear stories about the Dreamtime legends.