Compare Cheap Flights from Melbourne to Cairns, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Cairns from Melbourne? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
|Wed 26 Jun||Cheapest Price||25 Jun|
|Thu 27 Jun||Cheapest Price||25 Jun|
|Fri 28 Jun||Cheapest Price||25 Jun|
|Sat 29 Jun||Cheapest Price||25 Jun|
|Sun 30 Jun||Cheapest Price||25 Jun|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Cairns
Best flight deals in June
Cheapest Price from Melbourne to Cairns
Currency used in Cairns
Average Time to Cairns
Current Time in Cairns
Average Temperature in Cairns
Average Rainfall in Cairns
See more of Cairns
Cheap Melbourne to Cairns Flights
Looking for cheap flights from Melbourne to Cairns?
Whether you're visiting for business or want to discover why the city is one of Australia's top adventure capitals, you won't have a hard time finding a flight that suits your budget.
With 39 flights a week and four airlines to choose from, all you need to worry about is deciding which movie to watch during your 3h 20 minute flight time.
Ready to hit the clouds? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Melbourne to Cairns!
Departing from Melbourne Airport
Getting to Melbourne Airport
If you're on a tight budget, the best way to get from the city to Melbourne Airport is with the bus. Routes 478,479,482 and 901 all go past the transport hub by Terminal 4.
The SkyBus is ideal if you're catching a red-eye flight. It runs 24 hours a day and departs from the CBD every 10 minutes. A one-way trip will only set you back AUD 10.
Taxis and ridesharing services can drop you off in the T4 Transport Hub Zone on level 1 or along Departure Drive.
If you want to leave your car at the airport, you can choose from three options. The Value Car Park is perfect if you're on a budget, while the Long Term Park and premium Terminal Car Park are more expensive but offer the most convenience.
Which Domestic Terminal Will Your Melbourne to Cairns Flight Depart From?
- If you're flying with Qantas, your flight will depart from Terminal 1.
- Virgin Australia flights leave from Terminal 3.
- Jetstar and Tigerair flights to Perth depart from Terminal 4.
All three terminals have restaurants, bars, shops, lounges and free WiFi available for all passengers.
Arriving at Cairns Airport
Getting from Cairns Airport to Your Hotel
The cheapest way to get from the airport into the city is with the Airport Connect bus. For AUD 4, it will take you to the north, and southbound Sheridan Street bus stops. From there you can transfer to a Translink bus into Cairns City for AUD 2.20.
Cairns Airport also has a door-to-door shuttle service. You can sign up when you arrive or book in advance. Fares are usually AUD 15-17, but if you're staying at selected hostels, you can get a return ticket for as little as AUD 10.
The taxi ranks are located in front of each terminal building. If you're using Uber, follow the Ride-Booking signs. The pickup area is located in the T2 Domestic zone at the north end of the public pick-up lane.
Thinking about car hire while in Cairns? There are also six car rental companies to choose from in the Arrivals Halls of T1 and T2.
Things to Do in Cairns
- Visit the Great Barrier Reef. Cairns is the perfect destination to base yourself to explore this natural world wonder. Sign up for the smaller boat tours and avoid the masses where the larger tours tend to drop anchor.
- Spend a day whitewater rafting. Cairns boasts some of the best rapids in Australia. Choose your difficulty level, grab your GoPro and prepare yourself for an afternoon of adrenaline-inducing adventure.
- Go whale watching from May to September. During these months, Cairns is an important breeding ground for large numbers of whales and dolphins. It's the perfect time to visit if you're an animal lover and want to see newborn calves.
- Don't spend the evening cooped up in your hotel, explore Cairns vibrant nightlife scene. The city has a number of top-rated establishments and welcomes dozens of international DJs each year.
- Visit the Cairns Botanical Gardens. It's considered one of Australia's best exhibitions of tropical plants. Plus if you aren't blown away by the flora, there are plenty of native animals and bird life to spot as well.