Compare Cheap Flights from Darwin to Cairns, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Cairns from Darwin? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Cairns
Best flight deals in August
Cheapest Price from Darwin to Cairns
Currency used in Cairns
Average Time to Cairns
Current Time in Cairns
Average Temperature in Cairns
Average Rainfall in Cairns
See more of Cairns
Cheap Darwin to Cairns Flights
Located in the north of Queensland, Cairns is the perfect Australian destination to escape the chill of winter and enjoy balmy 30-degree weather.
With eight flights each week from Darwin to Cairns and a total journey time of 2h 30min, you can be exploring the city in no time. Book cheap flights with either Qantas or Jetstar and use Webjet's powerful search engine to help you find the cheapest day to fly.
Ready to pack your bags and go on an adventure? Here's a quick guide to everything you need to know about flying from Darwin to Cairns without a hitch!
Departing from Darwin
Getting to Darwin Airport
The quickest way to get to the airport is with a metered taxi. A one-way trip from the CBD usually costs AUD 25-30 and has a total journey time of 15-minutes if there is no traffic.
If you're travelling on a budget, take the Darwin City Airport Shuttle. A single ticket is AUD 18, and the bus service runs 24 hours a day, 7-days a week.
Other affordable options include Buslink and the various coach and charter buses that operate to and from the airport.
Parking at Darwin Airport
There are three different parking options available at Darwin Airport:
- Short Stay Car Park: For short day trips to Cairns, leave your vehicle here. The first 15-minutes are free and a full day rate costs AUD 40.
- Long Stay Plus: If you're going to Cairns for a weekend trip, use this lot. The bays are only 200 meters from the terminal buildings and a three-day stay will set you back AUD 80.
- Long Stay Saver: For travellers going away for a week or more, this is the best option. For a 7-day stay, you'll only end up paying AUD 99.
Arriving at Cairns Airport
Getting from Cairns Airport to Your Hotel
If you're on a tight budget, use the Airport Connect bus to get into Cairns CBD. A one-way ticket to the Sheridan Street bus stop only costs AUD 4, and from there you can catch another service into the city for AUD 2.20.
Take a metered taxi. The stands are located outside of the arrivals terminal building. You can also use the airport's free WiFi to request a ride with Uber.
Use the airport shuttle service. If you're staying at select hotels and hostels, you can get into town for as little as AUD 15-17 per person.
You'll find six car hire companies in the Arrivals Hall of Terminal 1 and Terminal 2.
Things to Do in Cairns
- Go whitewater rafting. Cairns has some the best rapids in the country, and it's the perfect day trip for adventure junkies.
- No visit to Cairns would be complete without visiting the Great Barrier Reef. Go snorkelling, book a glass bottom boat tour or become Open Water certified and explore one of the many dive sites.
- Learn about the local culture at the Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park. You'll get to watch a traditional Quinkan spirit perform, learn how to play the didgeridoo and so much more.
- Want to learn more about Australia's plants? Visit the Gondwanan Heritage Garden. A local guide will teach you how the Aboriginals have used plants over the centuries and how the country's fauna has evolved.