Compare Cheap Flights from Canberra to Cairns, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Cairns from Canberra? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Cairns
Best flight deals in June
Cheapest Price from Canberra to Cairns
Currency used in Cairns
Average Time to Cairns
Current Time in Cairns
Average Temperature in Cairns
Average Rainfall in Cairns
See more of Cairns
Cheap Canberra to Cairns Flights
Located in the far north of Queensland, Cairns is one of Australia's top year-round destinations. It's the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, boasts jaw-dropping adventures and a rich cultural heritage.
With multiple flights between Canberra and Cairns every day, you can be exploring this tropical paradise in just 4h 35 min. Book cheap flights with leading airlines such as Qantas or Virgin Australia and use Webjet to find the cheapest dates to fly.
Ready to pack your bags and discover one of the world's seven wonders? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Canberra to Cairns!
Departing from Canberra Airport
Getting to Canberra Airport
Take the bus. It's the cheapest way to get from the city to the airport. Route 11 and 11A both run regular routes to the departure terminals every day for only AUD 4.80
Hail a taxi or request a ride with Uber. A trip from the CBD should cost between AUD 48-54 depending on the traffic.
Parking at Canberra Airport
If you want to leave your car at the airport, it's important to keep in mind that the parking lots aren't open 24 hours a day. Access is only available from 4:00 a.m. until 30 minutes after the last flight lands.
Parking Options at Canberra Airport
- Covered Parking: If you want to protect your car from the elements while you’re away, use this option. It costs AUD 90 for a three-day stay.
- Outdoor Parking: For budget travellers, this lot has more favourable rates. A weekend trip will only set you back AUD 69.
Arriving at Cairns Airport
Getting from Cairns Airport to Your Hotel
Hop on board the Airport Connect Bus. It costs AUD 4 to go from the arrivals terminal to the Sheridan Street bus stops. From there you can transfer to a bus heading into town for only AUD 2.20 per person.
Book a spot on the Cairns Airport Shuttle Service. Fares start from AUD 15, and you'll be dropped off at select hotels and hostels in the city.
Grab a taxi. If you don't want to waste time getting to your hotel, you'll find the metered cabs waiting outside of the terminal building. Alternatively, you can use the airport's free WiFi to request a ride with Uber and meet your driver a the T2 Domestic pick up zone.
Rent a car. Cairns Airport has six car hire companies for you to choose from in the Arrivals Hall of T1 and T2.
Things to Do in Cairns
- Go white river rafting. Cairns has some of the best rapids in Australia that are perfect for beginners and extreme sports diehards.
- Learn about the Aboriginal history and culture. At the Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park, you'll learn how to play the didgeridoo, watch traditional storytelling and a Quinkan spirit performance.
- Visit the Gondwanan Heritage Garden. It' a must for anyone interested in Australia's flora and how the indigenous people have used the different plants over the centuries.
- Scream your lungs out at the AJ Hackett Bungy. It's located in the middle of the rainforest and is 50 meters high. If that's not enough of a rush for you, there's also a giant 45-meter swing that reaches speeds of 120 km/h.