Compare Cheap Flights from Adelaide to Cairns, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Cairns from Adelaide? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Adelaide to Cairns Flights
Close to the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest, Cairns is one of Australia's top destinations for nature lovers.
With five direct flights from Adelaide to Cairns each week, you can discover all that this city has to offer in just three hours. Book your trip with Jetstar, the only airline that offers nonstop flights between the two cities and get ready for an unforgettable adventure!
Here's everything you need to know about flying from Adelaide to Cairns without a hitch.
Departing from Adelaide Airport
Adelaide Airport is the fifth busiest in Australia. It only has one terminal, and the check-in counters for flights departing to Cairns are found on Level 2.
The terminal building also has free and unlimited WiFi for its passengers, restaurants, shops and airline lounges.
Getting to Adelaide Airport
The most affordable way to get from Adelaide's CBD to the airport is with the bus. Hop on board daily services with either JetExpress or JetBus.
If you're staying at select hotels in the city, you can book a transfer to the airport. The door-to-door shuttle service runs every day and costs only AUD 10.
Metered taxis and ridesharing services cost around AUD 13-17. Trips to the airport take 20 minutes if there is no traffic, but it's always good to factor in some buffer time to avoid running late.
Parking at Adelaide Airport
Adelaide Airport offers two different parking options for travellers:
- Terminal Car Park: If you're only going to Cairns for the weekend, leave your car here. It has the best prices for short stays, and the car park is close to the terminal building.
- Long Term Car Park: If you're staying a week or more in Cairns, park your car here. It offers more competitive rates and is only a 10-minute walk to the check-in counters.
Arriving at Cairns Airport
Getting from Cairns Airport to Your Hotel
Want to get to your hotel the cheapest possible way? Take the Airport Connect bus. It costs AUD 4 to take you to the north, and southbound Sheridan Street bus stops. Once there, you can transfer to a Translink bus that will take you into the city for AUD 2.20.
If you're staying at select hotels, you can use the Cairns Airport door-to-door shuttle service. Fares cost around AUD 15-17, and you can sign up on arrival. The service also extends to selected hostels with a return ticket price of only AUD 10.
The metered taxi ranks are located in front of the terminal building. If you prefer using ridesharing services, go to the pickup area located on the T2 Domestic zone.
For car rentals, you'll find six companies to choose from in the Arrivals Hall of Terminal 1 and Terminal 2.
Things to Do in Cairns
- Want an adrenaline rush? Spend a day whitewater rafting. Cairns boasts some of the best rapids in the country with difficulty levels to suit novices and diehards.
- Visit Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park. It's located near the Skyrail at Caravonica Lakes and is one of the best places to learn about the indigenous people's culture. You can learn how to play the didgeridoo, watch traditional dance and storytelling and witness the Quinkan spirit performance.
- Wander around the Gondwanan Heritage Garden. You can learn about the 415 million year evolution of Australian flora and how the Aboriginals use the different plants.
- Go bungee jumping! The AJ Hackett Bungy is a 50-meter high platform in the rainforest. There is also a giant 45-meter high swing that reaches speeds of 120 km/h.