Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Byron Bay, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Byron Bay from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Byron Bay
Best flight deals in September
Cheapest Price from Sydney to Byron Bay
Currency used in Byron Bay
Average Time to Byron Bay
Current Time in Byron Bay
Average Temperature in Byron Bay
Average Rainfall in Byron Bay
See more of Byron Bay
Cheap Sydney to Byron Bay Flights
Byron Bay is one of Australia's most popular surfing towns. Thanks to its seven major breaks, surfers from around the world flock here to catch some waves. But that's not all the city has to offer, it's also home to beautiful rainforest regions, excellent marine life sightings and it's famous Blues Fest.
With 34 direct flights a week from Sydney to Byron Bay, you can be exploring this region of New South Wales in just 1h 15 min. Book your trip with either Jetstar or Virgin Australia and use Webjet to uncover the lowest airfare prices for your travel dates.
Ready to find out what this surfer's paradise has to offer? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Sydney to Byron Bay!
Departing from Sydney Airport
Getting to Sydney Airport
The best way to get to Sydney Airport is with the train. You'll avoid the infamous gridlocked traffic and arrive at the departure terminals in 13 minutes. The T8 Airport Line leaves the CBD every 10 minutes from 5:00 a.m. to midnight every day.
If you're travelling on a tight budget, take the public bus to the airport. Route 400 runs from the CBD every day and stops outside the T2 Domestic and T1 International terminals. Tickets cost AUD 5.60 each way.
Metered taxis and Uber are also available in Sydney. A ride from the city centre to the airport costs between AUD 45-55 and takes 20-minutes if there isn't traffic.
Parking Options at Sydney Airport
- Park your car in P1 or P2 if you're going to Byron Bay for a few hours or just a day. It offers the best rates for short-term stays and is close to the terminals.
- For longer trips, leave your car in P3. You can save money by taking advantage of the daily discounted rates and be within a short walking distance of the check-in counters.
- The most affordable parking option at the airport is Blu Emu. While the parking lot is a 15-minute drive from the terminal building, there is a free 24-hour shuttle bus.
Arriving at Ballina Byron Bay Airport
Getting From Ballina Byron Bay Airport to Your Hotel
The most affordable way to get from Byron Bay Airport is with the local bus. Route 640 runs a daily service into the town and has a journey time of one hour. Fares cost AUD 9.60 for adults and AUD 4.80 for children.
Taxis to Byron Bay are quite expensive. A ride into town usually ends up costing AUD 80 to 90.
Another option is to take a shuttle bus. There are numerous providers to choose from that operate from the airport to Byron Bay and surrounding areas.
Otherwise, you can hire a car. The airport has five different car rental companies to choose from; they are Thrifty, Budget, Hertz, Avis and Europcar.
Things To Do in Byron Bay
- Watch the sunrise from the Byron Bay Lighthouse. It's located on Australia's most easterly point and offers beautiful views of the surrounding landscape. The trail to the lighthouse takes around 45-minutes one-way, and you can also make a detour to Fisherman's Lookout to watch the morning surfers.
- No trip to Byron Bay would be complete without a surf lesson. You can choose from two-hour lessons or sign up for a weekend surfing getaway.
- If you're visiting Byron Bay between May and October, you'll be in for a treat. During these months the humpback whales and dolphins make their way down the coastline. It's the perfect excuse to go on a kayak trip and get up close with these magnificent creatures.
- One the best ways to explore Byron is by bike. Its cheap and there are countless bike trails to explore. From leisurely rides through the town centre to coastal and rainforest tracks, you'll be spoilt for choice.
Go Byron is a family-owned transport business with more than 27 years' experience in Byron Bay. All their drivers are local, friendly and full of insider knowledge. Go Byron offers taxis, private transfers and charters. Their affordable airport transfers can take you from Ballina or Gold Coast Airports to your accommodation. Before you arrive in Byron Bay, download the Go Byron taxi app. This app can be used to book a cab anywhere in the Byron Shire and beyond. Looking for something more premium? Go Byron have a fleet of luxury cars and vehicles for large groups.