Compare Cheap Flights from Melbourne to Byron Bay, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Byron Bay from Melbourne? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Byron Bay
Best flight deals in July
Cheapest Price from Melbourne to Byron Bay
Currency used in Byron Bay
Average Time to Byron Bay
Current Time in Byron Bay
Average Temperature in Byron Bay
Average Rainfall in Byron Bay
See more of Byron Bay
Cheap Melbourne to Byron Bay Flights
Ever since Byron Bay was discovered by surfers, the small town has transformed into a popular holiday destination. But besides its surf breaks, it's home to a jam-packed festival calendar, an abundance of markets and so much more.
With four flights a week from Melbourne to Byron Bay, you'll be exploring the city in just two hours. Book your trip with Jetstar or Qantas and use Webjet's search engine to find the cheapest day to fly.
Ready to pack your bags and head for the skies? Here's what you need to know about flying from Melbourne to Byron Bay without a hitch.
Departing from Melbourne Airport
Getting to Melbourne Airport
For budget travellers, the cheapest way to get from Melbourne's CBD to the airport is with the local bus. Routes 478, 479 and 901 all run a regular service to and from Terminal 4. A one day ticket costs between AUD 4-6 with a total journey time of 90 minutes.
Another affordable option is the SkyBus. It runs 24 hours a day from the city to the airport, making it ideal for red-eye flights. Tickets cost AUD 19 per person and the bus leaves for the airport every 10 minutes.
If you don't want to use public transport, you can take metered taxis or a ride-sharing service like Uber. A ride to the airport will cost around AUD 55-65, and you'll be dropped off along Departure Drive or by the T4 Transport Hub Zone.
Parking at Melbourne Airport
There are three parking options available at Melbourne Airport:
- Value Cark Park is the best option for budget travellers that want to save on parking fees.
- Long-Term Parking is the more expensive option, but you'll be within walking distance of the check-in counters.
- Premium Terminal Car Park is ideal for travellers that want to leave their car as close as possible to the terminal building.
Which Domestic Terminal Will Your Melbourne to Byron Bay Flight Depart From?
Jetstar flights to Byron Bay depart from Terminal 4, and Qantas flights leave from Terminal 1.
Both terminals have restaurants, bars, shops, lounges and free WiFi available for all passengers.
Arriving at Ballina Byron Bay Airport
Getting From Ballina Byron Bay Airport to Your Hotel
If you want to save money, the best way to get into the city is with the local bus. Route 640 runs a daily service from the airport and fares cost AUD 9.60 for adults and AUD 4.80 for children.
Another option is to take one of the shuttle buses. Numerous service providers operate from the airport and drop passengers off in Byron Bay and surrounding areas.
Taxis into the city are the most expensive option. A one-way trip will cost between AUD 80 to 90.
If you want to rent a car, you'll find five companies to choose from inside the arrivals terminal.
Things To Do in Byron Bay
- Visit the Byron Bay Lighthouse. It's the perfect spot to watch the sunrise or sunset with its panoramic views of the surrounding landscape. If you have the time, take the detour off the main trail to Fisherman's Lookout to watch the morning surfers.
- Learn how to surf. Sign up for a private or group lesson and see how long it takes you to stand up and ride your first wave.
- Plan your visit around the annual whale migration. From May to October, humpback whales with their calves and dolphins make their way down the coast. It's the perfect time to hire a kayak and get a glimpse of these creatures from up close.
- Hire a bike. It's one of the best ways to explore the city, and it's cheap. There are countless bike trails to choose from that will take you through the town centre and along rainforest tracks.