Compare Cheap Flights from Karratha to Byron Bay, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Byron Bay from Karratha? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Byron Bay
Best flight deals in February
Currency used in Byron Bay
Current Time in Byron Bay
Average Temperature in Byron Bay
Average Rainfall in Byron Bay
See more of Byron Bay
A Guide to Byron Bay
Know Before You Go
- Take a day trip. Rent a car, pack a picnic and visit the beautiful Minyon Falls. Bangalow is also only a short ride away from Byron Bay, and the views are spectacular.
- Get online. Head to Mcdonalds if you need to check your emails, get directions or catch up with social media. The fast-food giant offers customers free WiFi, helping you save money on expensive data bundles.
- Head to Little Wategos Beach. It's only accessible by foot making it one of the best-kept secrets in the town.
- Go on the coastal walk to Byron Bay Lighthouse. It's the furthest point east of mainland Australia.
- Budget for your accommodation. A hostel dorm bed in Byron Bay costs between AUD 28-40. A room in a hotel or B&B will set you back AUD 130-250.
Getting Around Byron Bay
- Walk or cycle around town. Byron Bay is small making it easy to navigate on foot or with a bike. There are many bike paths to help you explore, and you can rent a set of wheels from Byron Bay Surf and Bike Hire in the CBD.
- The walking tracks will take you to many of the major attractions. Cape Byron lighthouse is just on the outskirts of town, and the beach is only a few minutes away.
- Take the bus. There is a regular public bus service to help you get around Byron Bay and the airport.
- Grab a taxi. If you want to get around faster, you can hail one down from the street or call ahead to book your ride.
- If you want to explore the surrounding areas, you'll need to hire a car. You can find rental companies either at the airport or in town.
When is The Best Time to Visit Byron Bay?
If you're travelling to Byron Bay on a budget, plan your trip for the fall months. From March to May, tourism is slow, and you'll be able to pick up deals on airfare and accommodation.
Temperatures are cooler, hovering around 20°C, and rain is somewhat common. However, you'll still be able to enjoy outdoor activities if you're okay with the less than perfect weather.
The busiest time of year is June through August. The weather is cool with high temperatures, attracting local and international travellers. Expect prices for flights and hotels to cost more than usual.
Spring in Byron Bay is from September to November. The city is still packed with tourists, so you'll need to book your trip a few months in advance to lock in better deals.
Another slow time of year for tourism is from December to February. The hot temperatures and frequent showers keep many travellers away. But if you're okay with trading the perfect weather for fewer crowds, you'll score on cheap flights and accommodation.
Airports in Byron Bay
Ballina Byron Bay Airport
Ballina Byron Bay is a small regional airport located in New South Wales, Australia. It runs regular flights to Newcastle, Melbourne and Sydney and is serviced by five regional airlines.
Getting To and From Ballina Byron Airport
The cheapest way to get from Byron Bay Airport into town is with the local bus. Route 640 connects to the airport and costs as little as AUD 9.60 for adults and AUD 4.80 for children.
Taxis are also available but are the most expensive option. You can expect to pay between AUD 80-90 to get to your hotel from the airport.
Another affordable option is the shuttle bus. There are a few providers that operate from the airport to hotels in Byron Bay and surrounding areas.
If you prefer having your own set of wheels, you can also hire a car. You'll find the rental desks in the arrivals terminal after baggage claim.
Byron Easy Bus
The perfect beaches, great surf breaks and stunning scenery are just part of Byron Bay's appeal. Visitors can also take a yoga class or learn to surf, explore the Arts and Industry Estate, enjoy a coffee at one of the many vibrant cafes, or just relax and enjoy the vibe of this laid-back coastal town. Byron Bay really does has something for everyone, and is even the home of Australia’s top music festivals such as Bluesfest, Splendour in the Grass, and Falls Festival. Byron Easy Bus operates the most frequent shuttles from Brisbane, Gold Coast and Ballina Airports, providing door-to-door services to accommodation and private addresses throughout Byron Bay and major stops in the surrounding Northern Rivers of New South Wales district.