Compare Flights to Bundaberg, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Bundaberg from Perth? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Bundaberg
Best flight deals in May
Cheapest Price from Perth to Bundaberg
Currency used in Bundaberg
Average Time to Bundaberg
Current Time in Bundaberg
Average Temperature in Bundaberg
Average Rainfall in Bundaberg
See more of Bundaberg
A Guide to Bundaberg
Know Before You Go
- Get seasonal work on farms. If you're visiting Australia on a holiday work visa, you can get a job on one of the farms in Bundaberg. Local hostels can help you find work and advise when is the best time to visit.
- Sea turtle hatchlings. In December each year, Mon Repos lay their eggs on the beaches of Bundaberg at night. Then around February, the eggs will hatch, and the baby turtles will make their way into the ocean. If you plan your visit right, you can go with a park ranger in the national park to watch this incredible wildlife experience unfold.
- Get online. If you don't want to pay for an expensive data bundle, you can get free WiFi by logging onto one of the hotspots at Bundaberg Regional Library branches.
- Visit the Southern Great Barrier Reef. You can take a day trip from Bundaberg Port Marina to Lady Musgrave Island and snorkel in the protected lagoon home to hundreds of fish, endangered sea turtles and manta rays.
- Prepare your budget. A hostel dorm bed in Bundaberg costs around AUD 25 -35 and a room in a hotel will set you back AUD 130 - 250 per night.
Getting Around Bundaberg
- Take the bus. While there aren't a lot of routes, Duff's buses run to a few public stops. The main route goes between Bargara and Bundaberg town centre every 30 minutes on weekdays and every other hour on a Saturday.
- Book a taxi. If you need to get somewhere faster, you can call ahead and book a taxi ride with one of the local operators.
- Hire a car. If you want to go anywhere outside the CBD, you will need to hire a car. But if you're visiting Bundaberg to work on one of the farms, some of the local hostels do run a minibus shuttle service in the mornings and afternoons.
When is The Best Time to Visit Bundaberg?
Bundaberg is located on the subtropical coast of Queensland, giving the city a favourable climate all year around.
During the summer months (December to February) the temperatures reach highs of 29°C with balmy tropical evenings. Thunderstorms are common during this season, bringing in a welcomed cool down after a sultry day.
The only downside to visiting in summer is the crowds. Due to school holidays, Bundaberg is full of local and international tourists. If you want to lock in lower prices and get your first choice hotel, make sure you book your room and flights well in advance.
In winter (June to August) the days are mild and dry with fewer than 18 days of rain. It's the ideal time to go on outdoor activities like hiking and camping, but you will need a few warm layers for the colder nights.
If you're travelling on a budget, the best time to visit Bundaberg would be in the winter or autumn months. These are it's shoulder seasons, and you're more likely to find deals on accommodation and cheap flights. You'll also have the city's attractions to yourself and won't have to deal with crowds of other tourists.
Airports in Bundaberg
Bundaberg is a small regional airport in the state of Queensland. It runs domestic flights to Brisbane with Sunstate Airlines, Virgin Australia and Alliance Airlines. Seair Pacific also operates a route from the airport to Lady Elliot Island.
Getting To and From Bundaberg Airport
There are no public transport options that run to and from Bundaberg Airport.
The best way to get to your accommodation would be to take a taxi or a shuttle bus. A cab ride with Bundaberg Cab Company costs AUD 20 to AUD 25 to reach the city centre.
If you want to hire your own set of wheels while in town, you'll find the car rental desks in the arrivals area. Avis, Budget, Europcar, Thrifty and Hertz all operate from the airport and in town.