Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Broken Hill, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Broken Hill from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Broken Hill
Best flight deals in April
Cheapest Price from Sydney to Broken Hill
Currency used in Broken Hill
Average Time to Broken Hill
Current Time in Broken Hill
Average Temperature in Broken Hill
Average Rainfall in Broken Hill
See more of Broken Hill
Cheap Sydney to Broken Hills Flights
Broken Hill is the ultimate outback destination. It's home to an arid red desert, beautiful coastal beaches, and a rich history.
With seven direct flights each week from Sydney to Broken Hill, you can be exploring all this town has to offer in just 2h 30min. Book your trip with Regional Express and use Webjet to find the cheapest day to fly.
Ready to pack your bags and go on an adventure? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Sydney to Broken Hill.
Departing from Sydney Airport
Getting to Sydney Airport
The quickest way to get from the city to the airport is with the train. The T8 Airport line leaves Sydney's CBD every 10 minutes from 5:00 a.m. to midnight every day.
If you're travelling on a budget, take the local bus to the airport. Route 400 runs a regular service that stops outside the departure terminals and costs AUD 5.60 each way.
Metered taxis and ride-sharing services are available in Sydney. A trip to the airport will set you back AUD 45-55 and take 20 minutes depending on the traffic.
Parking Options at Sydney Airport
There are three parking options available at Sydney Airport.
- If you're going to Broken Hill for the day, leave your car in P1 or P2. It offers the best hourly rates for short-term stays.
- For weekend trips or longer, use car park P3. It's a short walk away from the terminal building, and you'll save money with the daily discounted rates.
- Budget travellers will get the most value for their money by using the Blu Emu parking lot. While it's a 15-minute drive from the airport, you can use the free 24-hour shuttle bus to get to and from the terminal building.
Arriving at Broken Hill
Getting from Broken Hill Airport to Your Hotel
There are no public transport options that run between the airport and the city.
The best way to get from Broken Hill Airport to your hotel is with a metered taxi. You'll find the cab drivers waiting outside of the arrivals terminal.
Your only other option is to hire a car. You'll find rental desks for Herts, Avis and Thrifty inside the arrivals hall of the airport.
Things to Do in Broken Hill
- Explore Broken Hill's natural beauty. Admire the town's red desert from the Mundi Mundi Lookout Point, go on a guided walk inside the Living Desert Reserve or spend a few hours inside Mutawintji and Kinchega National Park.
- Go on a heritage walk tour. It's a two hour guided tour that will take you through the town's CBD, stopping by the many buildings that have earned it the title of Australia's First Heritage Listed City.
- Watch the sun go down. Take a drive out into the outback and watch the day end in style at one of the many scenic lookout points.
- Visit one of the 30 art galleries. Broken Hill was once home to Pro Hart, and it's full of galleries dedicated to his work as well as other local artists.