Compare Cheap Flights from Melbourne to Broken Hill, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Broken Hill from Melbourne? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Broken Hill
Best flight deals in June
Cheapest Price from Melbourne to Broken Hill
Currency used in Broken Hill
Average Time to Broken Hill
Current Time in Broken Hill
Average Temperature in Broken Hill
Average Rainfall in Broken Hill
See more of Broken Hill
A Guide to Broken Hill
Know Before You Go
- Go on a walking tour. Broken Hill has two hour guided walks that run every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10:00 a.m.
- Sign up for one of the mine tours. If you want to understand the history of Broken Hill, a mining tour should not be missed. The Daydream Mine is just outside of town and shows visitors what it was like in the 19th century when everything was done by hand.
- Head to the skies. If you want to get a different perspective of the Australian Outback, book a scenic flight. You'll get fantastic views of Broken Hill, Flinders Range and the Mildura areas.
- Track down your favourite movie locations. Broken Hill has been featured in countless films such as Mad Max, Priscilla Queen of the Desert and Dirty Deeds.
- Get online. If you don't want to buy an expensive data bundle, head to the nearest McDonalds. You can use their WiFi free of charge.
Getting Around Broken Hill
- Hit the pavements. If you're on a tight budget, you can explore most of Broken Hill's sights on foot. But if you're visiting in summer, make sure to stay hydrated to beat the heat.
- Take the bus. Morton's City Bus operates four routes around the city. The buses run from 8:00 a.m.to 5:30 p.m. every day and all routes go past the City Terminus near the train station.
- Grab a taxi. If you want to get to your destination faster, you can call ahead and request a ride, or you can book a trip with one of the coach tour companies.
- Hire a car. You'll need your own set of wheels if you plan on visiting any places beyond the city centre. It's also important to keep n mind that rental companies will charge a premium if you travel more than 100-200 km.
When is The Best Time to Visit Broken Hill?
The busiest time to visit Broken Hill is in summer. From December to February, the city sees a spike in tourism as Australian schools break up for the festive holidays. You'll need to book your accommodation and flights well in advance to avoid prices skyrocketing.
If you want to escape the crowds, plan your trip for October. This is the quietest time of year in Broken Hill, and you'll have the city's top attractions all to yourself. Hotel rates and flight prices will also be at their lowest, making it an excellent choice for budget travellers.
Another affordable season is Broken Hill's winter months. As the temperatures drop, the city empties out, and hotels lower their prices to make up for the slump in tourism.
Airports in Broken Hill
Broken Hill Airport
Broken Hill Airport is located in New South Wales, Australia. It is only served by one airline, Regional Express who operates flights to Adelaide, Dubbo, Sydney, Mildura and Melbourne.
Getting To and From Broken Hill Airport
The best way to get from the airport to your hotel is with a taxi. You'll find the cabs waiting outside the arrivals terminal.
Your only other option is to hire a car. Herts, Avis and Thrifty all run rental desks from the airport.