Compare Cheap Flights from Townsville to Brisbane, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Brisbane from Townsville? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Townsville to Brisbane Flights
Located near the famous Gold Coast, Brisbane is one of Australia's most popular holiday destinations.
In just 1h 45 min, you can fly from Townsville to Brisbane and discover for yourself all that the capital city of Queensland has to offer. Hop on board with either Jetstar, Qantas, Tigerair or Virgin Australia and choose one of the 81 weekly flights that best suit your budget and plans.
Ready to check-in and head for the clouds? Here's a quick guide to everything you need to know flying from Townsville to Brisbane.
Departing from Townsville Airport
Getting to Townsville Airport
If you're staying at selected Townsville Hotels, take the city shuttle from the airport. It runs seven days a week, but it's not the quickest option as you'll be sharing your ride with other passengers.
Ingham travel runs four return trips from Ingham to the airport every day. The company also has buses that service the Mission Beach, Lucinda and Cardwell areas.
Taxis and ridesharing services are also available. A single trip from the CBD to the airport will cost AUD 12-15 and take around 10-15 minutes depending on traffic.
Parking at Townsville Airport
- Short-Term Car Park: This option is only for stays less than 10 hours. The first 10 minutes are free, and it costs AUD 20 to park here for 7 hours.
- Saver Car Park: Located near the terminals, choose this option if you'll be away for 24 hours or more. A one day stay costs AUD 19, and the lot is close to the terminals.
- Premium Car Park: Just a one minute walk from to the terminal building, this is the best option for travellers who don't mind paying extra for convenience. It costs AUD 26 to park here each day, and the parking is fenced, covered and secure.
Arriving at Brisbane Airport
Getting from Brisbane Airport to Your Hotel
If you want to avoid sitting in any traffic, take the AirTrain. The trip into Brisbane's CBD only takes 20-minutes, and a train leaves the airport every 15 minutes from 5:04 a.m. to 10:04 p.m.
For budget travellers, the cheapest option is the TransLink bus. Take either route 569 or 590 to get from the airport into the city.
Rideshare services are also available at the airport. Collect your bags and wait for your driver outside the domestic terminal for immediate pickup.
If you want to take a taxi, head to the front of the domestic terminal. A single trip into the city costs around AUD 33, plus an airport access fee of AUD 3.70.
The car rental desks are located on level 1 of the domestic terminal.
Things to Do in Brisbane
- Climb Brisbane's famous Story Bridge. You'll be rewarded with incredible views of the city at night or during the day. If you want to add some adventure to the experience, you can do the 30-metre abseil back down.
- Go to Brisbane River's South Bank. It's home to 17 hectares of parklands and boasts numerous pathways, restaurants, cafes, bars, museums and galleries to explore.
- If you love art, make sure you stop at the GoMa. It's Australia's largest gallery for modern and contemporary art. The studio also has a stylish bar that is perfect for a sundowner or two.
- Discover Brisbane's sweet side. Go on a two-hour chocolate tour and learn all about how this delicious treat is made. If chocolate isn't your thing, there are also craft beer tours that include 20 tastings and a history of brewing in Brisbane.
- Shop til you drop at Brisbane's Collective Markets. Browse the stalls and pick up unique items from the city's emerging artisans. You'll find everything from jewellery to art and even vintage fashion.