Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Brisbane, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Brisbane from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
Route information for flights from Sydney to Brisbane
|Cheapest one-way price for the current month||from $79|
|Cheapest one-way price over next 6 months||from $77|
|Cheapest month||November 2022|
|Most expensive month||June 2022|
|Average flight time||1h 30m|
Cheapest time to fly to Brisbane
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Brisbane
Current Time in Brisbane
Average Temperature in Brisbane
Average Rainfall in Brisbane
See more of Brisbane
Cheap Sydney to Brisbane Flights
Bored of Sydney? Want to discover one of Australia's most underrated destinations?
Head to Brisbane! The capital city of Queensland has a wealth of wildlife and nature, a vibrant city life and is a jumping off point to explore Australia's famous Gold Coast.
It takes just a short 1h 35 min flight from Sydney to Brisbane. Plus there are over 323 flights per week with a range of different airlines. Choose your preferred departure time, and take to the skies with a cheap flight from either Virgin Australia, Jetstar Airways, or Qantas.
But before you pack your bags, here's some essential information to know before your flight from Sydney to Brisbane.
Departing from Sydney Airport
Getting to Sydney Airport
Located only 8km from the city, the quickest way to get to Sydney Airport is with the train. Top up your Opal Card at your nearest station and hop on board the T8 Airport Line. Trains leave every 10 minutes from 5:00 a.m. to midnight 7-days a week.
If you're travelling on a tight budget, the most affordable option to get to the airport is with the bus. The Route 400 service stops at T1 International and T3 Domestica and only costs AUD 5.60 one-way.
For those that don't want to use public transport, you can also catch a taxi or an Uber to the airport. Travel time to the domestic terminal is only 20 minutes from the CBD and costs around AUD 45-55 one way.
Parking at Sydney Airport
Want to leave your car at the airport? Book your parking online, get a cheaper rate and have more spending money for your trip to Brisbane.
Which Parking Option is The Best for You?
- P1/2 are ideal for short trips to Brisbane. The parking lot is only a 5-minute walk to the domestic terminals T2 and T3.
- P3 is the best option if you're planning on spending more than a weekend away in Brisbane. The parking lot is an 8-minute walk from the terminals and has a discounted daily rate if you book online.
- Want the cheapest parking option available? Park your car at Blu Emu. It's a 15-minute bus ride from the domestic terminals, but a free shuttle runs 24 hours a day between the airport and the parking lot.
Arriving at Brisbane Airport
Getting from Brisbane Airport to Your Hotel
- The quickest and most affordable way to get from Brisbane Airport to the city is with the Airtrain. The journey time takes only 20-minutes, and trains depart every 15 minutes from 5:04 a.m. to 10:04 p.m. every day.
- Another option for budget travellers is to take the TransLink bus. The service connects passengers to Brisbane with it's 569 and 590 routes.
- Passengers arriving at Brisbane Airport who want to take an Uber should head to the front of the domestic terminal. Once you're ready, let the driver know for immediate pickup.
- If you want to take a cab, you'll find the taxi rank located in front of the domestic terminal. Keep in mind that you will have to pay an additional access fee of AUD 3.70 on top your ride fare.
Things to Do in Brisbane
Brisbane is jam-packed with personality. Its vibrant city life means your trip here will never be dull. Check out the city's calendar and attend one of the internationally acclaimed arts, cultural and sporting events.
Brisbane has more bars, pubs and music clubs than any other city in the world and you'll be spoilt for choice when it comes to the city's live music scene.
For nature lovers, you can visit one of 1,920 nearby parks and reserves. Head to the Gondwana Rainforests, D'Aguilar National Park or the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
Make your way to Moreton Bay. It's lined with beautiful sandy beaches with loads of opportunities to spot wildlife. Keep an eye out for turtles, whales and dolphins!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the current population of Brisbane?
The current population of Brisbane is approximately 2.4 million people.
How big is Brisbane?
Brisbane is the largest in size of Australia’s capital cities and occupies 15,842 square kilometres.
What are the coldest months in Brisbane?
June and July are the coldest months in Brisbane, with an average daytime temperature of about 22°C.
Which airlines typically operate out of each terminal at Brisbane Airport?
Brisbane Airport has two terminals: an international terminal, known as Terminal I or T1 where all international airlines operate out of and the domestic terminal, referred to as Terminal D or T2 where domestic airlines operate.
How do you get around on public transport in Brisbane?
Public transport in Brisbane is simple and cost effective with a Go Card. It is a touch-on and touch -off system that can be used on the city’s buses, trains, CityCats and ferry services.
One-way fares within Brisbane CBD and surrounding suburbs using the Go Card range between $4 to $8 AUD, however this will vary depending on which zones the passenger travels within.
What are the biggest events in Brisbane?
Some of the biggest annual events in Brisbane include Valley Fiesta, Oktoberfest Brisbane and Caxton Street Seafood and Wine Festival.