Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Brisbane, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Brisbane from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Sydney to Brisbane Flights
Bored of Sydney? Want to discover one of Australia's most underrated destinations?
Head to Brisbane! The capital city of Queensland has a wealth of wildlife and nature, a vibrant city life and is a jumping off point to explore Australia's famous Gold Coast.
It takes just a short 1h 35 min flight from Sydney to Brisbane. Plus there are over 323 flights per week with four different airlines. Choose your preferred departure time, and take to the skies with either Virgin Australia, Jetstar Airways, Tiger Airways or Qantas.
But before you pack your bags, here's some essential information to know before your flight from Sydney to Brisbane.
Departing from Sydney Airport
Getting to Sydney Airport
Located only 8km from the city, the quickest way to get to Sydney Airport is with the train. Top up your Opal Card at your nearest station and hop on board the T8 Airport Line. Trains leave every 10 minutes from 5:00 a.m. to midnight 7-days a week.
If you're travelling on a tight budget, the most affordable option to get to the airport is with the bus. The Route 400 service stops at T1 International and T3 Domestica and only costs AUD 5.60 one-way.
For those that don't want to use public transport, you can also catch a taxi or an Uber to the airport. Travel time to the domestic terminal is only 20 minutes from the CBD and costs around AUD 45-55 one way.
Parking at Sydney Airport
Want to leave your car at the airport? Book your parking online, get a cheaper rate and have more spending money for your trip to Brisbane.
Which Parking Option is The Best for You?
- P1/2 are ideal for short trips to Brisbane. The parking lot is only a 5-minute walk to the domestic terminals T2 and T3.
- P3 is the best option if you're planning on spending more than a weekend away in Brisbane. The parking lot is an 8-minute walk from the terminals and has a discounted daily rate if you book online.
- Want the cheapest parking option available? Park your car at Blu Emu. It's a 15-minute bus ride from the domestic terminals, but a free shuttle runs 24 hours a day between the airport and the parking lot.
Arriving at Brisbane Airport
Getting from Brisbane Airport to Your Hotel
- The quickest and most affordable way to get from Brisbane Airport to the city is with the Airtrain. The journey time takes only 20-minutes, and trains depart every 15 minutes from 5:04 a.m. to 10:04 p.m. every day.
- Another option for budget travellers is to take the TransLink bus. The service connects passengers to Brisbane with it's 569 and 590 routes.
- Passengers arriving at Brisbane Airport who want to take an Uber should head to the front of the domestic terminal. Once you're ready, let the driver know for immediate pickup.
- If you want to take a cab, you'll find the taxi rank located in front of the domestic terminal. Keep in mind that you will have to pay an additional access fee of AUD 3.70 on top your ride fare.
Things to Do in Brisbane
Brisbane is jam-packed with personality. Its vibrant city life means your trip here will never be dull. Check out the city's calendar and attend one of the internationally acclaimed arts, cultural and sporting events.
Brisbane has more bars, pubs and music clubs than any other city in the world and you'll be spoilt for choice when it comes to the city's live music scene.
For nature lovers, you can visit one of 1,920 nearby parks and reserves. Head to the Gondwana Rainforests, D'Aguilar National Park or the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
Make your way to Moreton Bay. It's lined with beautiful sandy beaches with loads of opportunities to spot wildlife. Keep an eye out for turtles, whales and dolphins!
Brisbane Airport (BNE)
Brisbane Airport is a major hub with domestic and international connections. Brisbane airport is located just 13 kilometres from the city centre, easily accesible by a range of public transport and operates 24 hours a day.