Compare Cheap Flights from Newcastle to Brisbane, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Brisbane from Newcastle? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Flights From Newcastle to Brisbane
Looking for cheap flights from Newcastle to Brisbane?
With 56 flights each week, you won't have a hard time finding the perfect flight to one of Australia's most underrated destinations. Choose a non-stop route with leading airlines such as Qantas, Jetstar and Virgin Australia, and you'll be exploring the city in under 1h 10min.
Here's a quick essential guide to everything you need to know about flying from Newcastle to Brisbane!
Departing from Newcastle Airport
Newcastle Airport is the most important airport in the New South Wales area. With only one terminal, all flights departing to Brisbane will leave from here.
Getting to Newcastle Airport
Newcastle Airport is serviced by two bus companies. The Port Stephens Coaches run a bus service from the Newcastle train station to the airport 11 times a day. Hunter Valley Buses operate routes from Maitland, Raymond Terrace and Stockton to the airport.
Passengers can also take a taxi or use a ridesharing service like Uber. A one-way trip from Newcastle's CBD costs AUD 43-58 depending on traffic.
Parking at Newcastle Airport
Want to leave your car at the airport? Newcastle has a variety of options to suit every kind of budget.
Which Parking Option is The Best for You?
- Premium Car Park: Located 200 meters from the terminal, it's the best option for travellers who don't mind paying extra for convenience. Daily rates start at AUD 35, and the lot is locked from 10:00 p.m.
- Short Stay Car Park: If you are only leaving your car at the airport for 24 hours, choose this option. The rate is 31 AUD, and the lot is located opposite the departure terminal.
- Long Stay Car Park: If you're going to Brisbane for the weekend or longer, leave your car here. The lot is 400 meters from the terminals and costs AUD 25 per day.
- Long Stay Saver Car Park: For budget travellers, this is the most cost-effective option. It's not close to the terminals, but the airport provides a free shuttle bus. Rates start at AUD 19 per day.
Arriving at Brisbane Airport
Getting from Brisbane Airport to Your Hotel
If you want to beat the traffic, take the AirTrain. It's one of the quickest ways to get from the airport into the city. The travel time is only 20-minutes, and a one-way ticket costs AUD 15.
For travellers on a budget, take the TransLink bus. Routes 569 and 590 connect passengers to Brisbane CBD and cost around AUD 5.80 depending on distance travelled.
For ridesharing services, head to the front of the domestic terminal. Your driver will meet you here for immediate pickup once you've collected your bags.
The taxi ranks are also located in the front of the domestic terminal. A single trip costs AUD 33 including an AUD 3.00 airport departure fee.
Things to Do in Brisbane
- Explore Brisbane's nightlife. The city is home to more bars, pubs and music clubs than any other city in the world. Whether you're into EDM, rock or jazz, you won't have a problem finding an establishment that caters to your tastes.
- Escape the city and explore the surrounding nature. Brisbane boasts more than 1,900 nearby parks and reserves. If you're short on time, visit either the Gondwana Rainforests, D'Aguilar National Park or the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
- Spend a day at Moreton Bay. Besides its beautiful sandy coastline, it's also a great place to spot aquatic life. Go on a tour and see how many turtles, whales and dolphins you can spot.
- Plan your trip around one of Brisbane's social calendar. Attend one of the acclaimed art, cultural, musical or sporting events.