Compare Cheap Flights from Mackay to Brisbane, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Brisbane from Mackay? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Brisbane
Best flight deals in August
Cheapest Price from Mackay to Brisbane
Currency used in Brisbane
Average Time to Brisbane
Current Time in Brisbane
Average Temperature in Brisbane
Average Rainfall in Brisbane
See more of Brisbane
Cheap Mackay to Brisbane Flights
Brisbane is the capital city of Queensland and one of Australia's most underrated cities. It's home to a vibrant nightlife, trendy cafes and is next door to the famous Gold Coast.
In just 1h 25min, you can fly from Mackay to Brisbane and discover everything this city has to offer. Book your non-stop flight with either Jetstar, Qantas or Virgin Australia and choose one of the 68 flights that best suit your travel plans.
Ready to pack your bags and head to the airport? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Mackay to Brisbane.
Departing from Mackay Airport
Getting to Mackay Airport
Take the public bus service between the CBD and the airport. Translink operates a regular route with bus 303. It stops at the airport eleven times during the week and four times on a Saturday.
If you're short on time and don't want to wait for the bus, you can take a taxi. A single trip fare from the city costs AUD 20 and takes about 10-minutes if there are no traffic jams.
Parking at Mackay Airport
If you want to leave your car at Mackay Airport, make sure you book your spot online. You can save up to 40% on fees and can reserve your space four hours before your arrival.
Which Parking Option Should You Choose?
- The Price Buster: Located in the Long Term Car Park, this is the best option for frugal travellers staying in Brisbane for longer than eight days. Prices start as low as AUD 7 a day and can only be booked online.
- The Weekender: If you're just going to Brisbane for the weekend, leave your car in the Short Term Car Park. Rates start at AUD 53.
- The Jetstar: Situated in the covered parking lot, a minimum 3-day stay is required to park here. Prices start at AUD 67.
- Weekly Stay: For stays of 7-days or longer, this option has the best value for money. Prices for a week start at AUD 70, and you will need to book online to lock in that rate.
- Drive Up: If you don't make an online booking before arriving at the airport, parking rates are AUD 30 per day.
Arriving at Brisbane Airport
Getting from Brisbane Airport to Your Hotel
Take the AirTrain to avoid traffic. A one-way trip into the CBD only takes 20 minutes and costs AUD 18. The trains leave the airport every 15 minutes from 5:04 a.m. to 10:04 p.m. every day.
Another affordable option is to take the TransLink bus. Route 569 and 590 run to the city centre and a single trip costs AUD 5.90.
Ridesharing services like Uber also operate from the airport. Once you've collected your luggage, head to the front of the domestic terminal to wait for your driver.
The taxi rank is located in front of the domestic terminal. A trip into Brisbane's CBD costs around AUD 45-50, and you'll also have to pay an airport pickup fee of AUD 3.70.
Things to Do in Brisbane
- Want incredible views of Brisbane? Climb the iconic Story Bridge during the day or at night. You can even do a 30-metre abseil back down if you want to add an adrenaline rush to the experience.
- Stroll around Brisbane River's Southbank. It features 17 hectares of parklands, numerous restaurants, museums, art galleries and paths to explore.
- Visit the GoMa - Australia's largest gallery for modern and contemporary art. Once you're done admiring all the incredible pieces, have a sundowner in the stylish gallery bar.
- Go on a two-hour chocolate tour. You'll learn all about how this delicious sweet is made and get to taste the final product. But if chocolate isn't your thing, Brisbane also has craft beer tastings that shouldn't be missed.
- Wander around Brisbane's Collective Markets. Browse the stalls and pick up a few artisanal souvenirs to take back home. You'll find everything from art to vintage fashion and everything in between.