Compare Cheap Flights from Cairns to Brisbane, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Brisbane from Cairns? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Cairns to Brisbane Flights
Brisbane is the jumping point to explore Australia's famous Gold Coast.
In just 2h 5min, you can fly from Cairns to Brisbane and discover all that the capital city of Queensland has to offer. Choose from the 91 flights offered each week and fly with leading airlines such as Jetstar Airways, Qantas, Tigerair and Virgin Australia.
Ready to pack your bags and head to the skies? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Cairns to Brisbane.
Departing from Cairns Airport
All flights from Cairns to Brisbane depart from the domestic terminal. Inside the departure lounge, you'll find free WiFi, restaurants, shops and ATMs.
Getting to Cairns Airport
The cheapest way to get from the city to Cairns Airport is with the local bus. A one-way ticket to the Sheridan Street bus stops costs only AUD 2.20. From there you can take the Airport Connect bus for only AUD 4.
If you're staying at a hotel in Cairns, you can use the airport shuttle. A trip to the airport costs AUD 15-17, or if you're staying at selected backpackers, it's only AUD 10.
You can also take a taxi or use a ridesharing service like Uber to get to the airport.
Parking at Cairns Airport
Want to leave your car at Cairns Airport? Make sure you book online. You can save up to 40% on park rates and have more money to spend during your trip in Brisbane.
- The Weekender: If you're only going to Brisbane for the weekend, park your car in the T2 Car Park. It's right by the domestic terminals and only costs AUD 55 for three days.
- Weekly Stay: Planning a whole week away? Leave your car in the T2 Uncovered Car Park. It costs AUD 77 for 7-days and is close to the domestic terminals.
Arriving at Brisbane Airport
Getting from Brisbane Airport to Your Hotel
The quickest way to get from the airport into Brisbane CBD is with the Airtrain. The trip takes only 20-minutes, and the train leaves every 15 minutes from 5:04 a.m. to 10:04 p.m. every day.
If you're on a tight budget, take the TransLink bus. All you need to do is follow the signs to the bus stop and take either route 569 or 590 to get into town.
Want to request a ride to Brisbane with Uber? Collect your bags and head to the front of the domestic terminal to wait for your driver.
The taxi rank is located in front of the domestic terminal. But you will need to pay an additional access fee of AUD 3.70 if you use this service.
Things to Do in Brisbane
- Explore Brisbane by bike. The city is known for its beautiful bikeways and paths, plus all of the popular sightseeing spots are on the way. Hire a bike and ride past the Boondall Wetlands, the New Farm suburb and the Brisbane River.
- Plan your visit around the whales. Each year, hundreds of Humpbacks and Southern Rights come to Brisbane coastline to nurse their young. Sign up for a trip and watch these magnificent creatures up close.
- See how many of the 1,920 parks and reserves you visit. Brisbane's most popular ones are the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, the Gondwana Rainforests and D'Aguilar National Park.
- Explore Brisbane at night. The city is known around Australia for having one of the best live music scenes. Whether you're into hip-hop, jazz or rock, you won't have a problem finding a spot that caters to your musical tastes.
- Head up to Mount Coot-tha. It's the best place in Brisbane to go for sunset and get an Instagram-worthy picture of the city's skyline.
Brisbane Airport (BNE)
Brisbane Airport is a major hub with domestic and international connections. Brisbane airport is located just 13 kilometres from the city centre, easily accesible by a range of public transport and operates 24 hours a day.