Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Armidale, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Armidale from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Sydney to Armidale Flights
Armidale is the ultimate nature lover's holiday destination. With its spectacular waterfalls, gorges and world-heritage national parks, you'll be hard-pressed to find a reason not to go outdoors.
With 44 direct flights each from Sydney to Armidale, you can discover the city's natural heritage in just 1hr 10min. Book your trip with either Regional Express or Qantas and use Webjet's powerful search engine to help you find the cheapest day to fly.
Ready to go on an adventure? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Sydney to Armidale!
Departing from Sydney Airport
Getting to Sydney Airport
If you want to avoid Sydney's notorious traffic jams, take the train to the airport. The T8 Airport Line leaves the city every 10 minutes from 5:00 a.m. to midnight and takes 15-minutes to reach the departure terminals.
For travellers on a tight budget, the best way to get to Sydney Airport is with the bus. Route 400 runs a daily service from the CBD to the T2 Domestic and T1 International terminals. A one-way trip will only set you back AUD 5.60.
Ride-sharing services like Uber and metered taxis are also available. A single trip to the airport costs between AUD 45-55 and takes 20 minutes depending on traffic.
Parking Options at Sydney Airport
- For short trips to Armidale, park your car in either P1 or P2. You'll get better rates, and the spaces are close to the terminals.
- If you're going to Armidale for the weekend or longer, leave your car in P3. It has daily discounted rates to help you save money on parking, and the bays are within walking distance from the check-in counters.
- The cheapest parking option at Sydney airport is the Blu Emu. It's located 15 minutes away from the terminal building, but there is a free 24-hour shuttle bus available to all passengers.
Arriving at Armidale Airport
Getting from Armidale Airport to Your Hotel
No public buses or trains service the airport.
The best way to get from the airport to your hotel is with a metered taxi. You'll find the drivers waiting outside the arrivals terminal. A single trip into the city costs AUD 15 and takes about 10 minutes.
For those that prefer to have their own set of wheels, you'll find the car rental desks in the arrivals terminal past the baggage claim area.
Things To Do in Armidale
- Visit the Wollomombi Falls. This impressive single waterfall is one of the highest in Australia. Located in the Oxley Wild Rivers National Park, it's an easy 35-minute drive from Armidale and is a great outdoor day trip.
- Go on the Heritage Bus Tour. If you've never been to Armidale before, this is a great introduction to the town. The tour lasts for 2.5 hours, and you'll learn about history from an informative guide while visiting interesting landmarks such as Booloominbah, a Victorian mansion.
- Hire a car and go on a mini road trip. Armidale is close to some of the regions most scenic drives. The Tourist Drive 19 is an 86 km half day loop and one of the most popular options. You'll go past the town of Uralla, through the countryside and past the famous Gostwyck Chapel and its 200 elm trees.
- Don't miss the national parks. Take a day to visit the World Heritage New England National Park and visit its beautiful Point Lookout. Other gems to add to your itinerary include the Cathedral Rock National Park and Gara Gorge. Both have breathtaking scenery, and the later boasts natural swimming holes, perfect for beating the heat.