Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Alice Springs, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Alice Springs from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Alice Springs
Best flight deals in September
Cheapest Price from Sydney to Alice Springs
Currency used in Alice Springs
Average Time to Alice Springs
Current Time in Alice Springs
Average Temperature in Alice Springs
Average Rainfall in Alice Springs
See more of Alice Springs
Cheap Sydney to Alice Springs Flights
Alice Springs is known as the heart of the Red Centre. It boasts some of Australia's most iconic natural wonders such as Uluru Rock and is home to one of the world's great walks.
With seven direct flights each week from Sydney to Alice Springs, you can be exploring this part of the Northern Territory in just 2h 45 min. Book your trip with Qantas and use Webjet's search engine to help you find the cheapest day to fly.
Ready to head for the clouds? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Sydney to Alice Springs.
Departing from Sydney Airport
Getting to Sydney Airport
If you're short on time, the fastest way to get to Sydney Airport is with the train. The T8 Airport Line leaves the CBD every 10 minutes and operates from 5:00 a.m. to midnight every day.
The cheapest transportation option from Sydney to the airport is the local bus. Route 400 runs a regular service that stops outside the departure terminals and only costs AUD 5.60.
Metered taxis and ride-sharing services are also available. A one-way trip to the airport usually costs AUD 45-55 and takes 20-minutes if there is no traffic.
Parking Options at Sydney Airport
There are three parking options available at Sydney Airport.
- Leave your car inside P1 or P2 if you're visiting Alice Springs for the day. It offers the best rates for short-term stays.
- If you're going away for the weekend, park your car in P3. You'll get discounted daily rates, and the lot is only a short walk from the terminal building.
- For budget travellers, the most affordable parking option is Blu Emu. It's a 15-minute drive from the departure terminal, but you can use the free 24-hour shuttle bus to get around.
Arriving at Alice Springs Airport
Getting from Alice Springs Airport to Your Hotel
There are no public transportation services that run regular routes to and from Alice Springs airport.
The cheapest way to get into the city is with the Alice Springs Airport shuttle bus service. It costs AUD 16.50 for a single trip or AUD 30 for a return and will drop off outside select hotels and hostels.
If you don't want to share your ride with other passengers, you can take a metered cab from the airport. You'll find the taxi ranks outside of the arrivals terminal.
There are also several car hire companies operating at the airport. Pre-book your ride in advance or choose your vehicle once you arrive.
Things to Do in Alice Springs
- Spend the day at the Alice Springs Desert Park. It's home to Australia's unique flora and fauna that call the arid plains home. If you have the time, stay for the guided nocturnal tour to catch a glimpse of it's rare and endangered animals.
- Sign up for a hot air balloon ride. The flights take off before dawn, giving you a bird's eye view as the sun rises over the red, orange and brown landscape below.
- Visit the kangaroo sanctuary. It's open every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evening with tours lasting over two hours.
- Go to the Emily Gap. It's one of Australia's best preserved ancient rock art sites and tells the story of how the MacDonnell Ranges were created by caterpillars.
- Tackle the Larapinta Trail. It's one of the greatest walks in the world that stretches across the Northern Territory. If you don't have the time to complete the full 12 days, there are tour companies that stop by the highlights of the trail.